Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-27-2001, 08:23 AM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

I just finished TOTSC and so I imported my character into BG II to continue the story. The problem is, I heard somewhere that the items you carry in your inventory go with you into BG II. Is this true? I don't want to lose my cool stuff so could anyone help me out here? Thanks

Old 08-27-2001, 08:39 AM   #2
Kezardin
Elminster

Alex,

to keep your items from an imported character...

spoiler ?
at the very start of the game the screen goes blank - then your character groans and collapses. The game then opens with you lying on the floor of a cage and Irenicus appears.....

What you have to do is hit the space bar (to pause the game) when the screen is blanked i.e. before your character groans. Then hit the 'i' key to go into inventory and drop *all* your items on the ground.

Unpause the game and it will proceed normally. Then when you gain control of your character (after Imoen talks to you) your items should all be lying on the floor of the cage and you can pick them up.

Just as well Irenicus isn't wearing his Glasses of Detect Dropped Items

Kez
Old 08-27-2001, 08:42 AM   #3
Legolas the Elven Archer

You lose your items seconds after you've started the game. The explaination for this is that your captor took them from you and sold them off.

You can only get around this by pausing before the game has started, opening your inventory and putting everything you carry on the ground.

Don't worry, tough. You'll get lots of items which are better than what you had soon enough

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-27-2001, 09:50 AM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I never heard this trick before. Sure would have been nice. So does this mean there will be two of what ever you have with you ie. helm of balduran???
Old 08-27-2001, 10:05 AM   #5
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

yes, you you bring your own helm of balduran/glory/protection, you'll have 2. The exception is TwoHander +3 "World's Edge" - it mutates into TwoHander +3 "Harbinger", which has (I think 5%) chance of casting fireball, centered on the wielder. "World's Edge" does not exist in SoA.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:20 PM   #6
Istaron
Banned User

I think that the only item worth saving from BG1 is the Robe of Archmagi, since it is so DAMN expensive.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-27-2001, 01:37 PM   #7
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Some of these items are avaiable in collectors edition. I wonder if theyre begin restocked by time