Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 12:57 PM   #11
The Old One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve McDonald:
Is it possible to chain to different events if the party loses? This was a big problem in unlimted adventures. What I'd like to be able to do is have an arena where you fight, and if you win you get a reward (say you get to meet the mayor who gives you his quest, or you get a quest item that tells the game you'll be fighting a tougher opponent next time you go to the arena). If you lose you will wake up with a headache in the town prison. Can you make chain options following a combat event dependent on "party wins", "party loses" and "party flees". Also, would it be possible to differentiate between "party flees" and "party was charmed"? - that really used to annoy me in the gold box games.
Steve, the way I used to handle that was to give an item if they win or a different item if they loose. These items can then be used to trigger another event....
The Old One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 08:30 PM   #12
Steve McDonald
The Magister

But how could you determine whether they'd won or lost, to know which item to give?
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:04 AM   #13
The Old One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve McDonald:
But how could you determine whether they'd won or lost, to know which item to give?
Before the battle give the party the loosing item... Not Shown, just givin to them, then chain to battle. At end of battle if they loose they have the loosing item. If they win take the loosing item away and give them the winning item.
The Old One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:13 AM   #14
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Again - how do you check whether they've won or not?
Old 05-27-2002, 07:16 AM   #15
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

DC updates a global attribute after each combat. The attribute is called 'Combat Result' and can be one of the following:

LoseButNeverDies
Lose
Win
Flee

After the combat event you can use LogicBlock to query 'Combat Result' for one of those values. The LogicBlock settings would be something like:

Input B: Global Attribute
(Box under B): Combat Result
Gate C: String Equal
Input A: Literal
(Box under A): Win (or Lose, etc)
Check 'Conditional Chain', check 'Chain if result true'

Then add your events to the True chain under the LogicBlock event. The String Equal operator does not ignore case for string compares, so 'Win' works but 'win' will not.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:31 PM   #16
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Cheers, Cocoaspud. What what we do without you?

I still reckon it would be good to have those four options as possible chains straight after all combat events (similar to the encounter event having different chains for different results).
Old 05-29-2002, 11:45 AM   #17
foody
Manshoon

Manikus the graphis in your signature can they be made as combat icon for DC? If so do you make them? If so may I request some for my game? Do you know where I might download collections of them? Thanks.
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.<p>I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
foody is offline   Reply With Quote