Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2002, 11:59 PM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Heya Tobbin! [img]smile.gif[/img] How are you doing? Hardly see you anymore

Long time no see stranger. My schedule at work changed, and so did living arrangements. I still come to NWN forum, but don't do much else now. Been playing some NWN. Trying to find Dan's mod, but can't ever seem to find it. Trying out other online mods. Getting a bit frustrated though. Most of the good ones are full and the other good ones that aren't full don't have a good connection. Keep getting the dreaded server lost connection message. I think I'm getting ready to do my own mod. Had the book for awhile now, just haven't dug into it.

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Aribeth gives you her ring if you talk to her during Chapter 2. You have to go through a lot of stories and ethics, but she will eventually give it to you. (Kind of like a henchman's quest, I think there is a level requirement too, not sure.) If you don't have the ring, you may be able to get it from someone online (or use the toolset and open the chapter module, edit it to put the ring where you want, then save it as another filename. You then load it up and get the ring. - Another way is to go online and get it from someone. I got the ring talking to her in Chapter 2 and was kinda surprised when I talked to her and it had it. I actually didn't see this 1st time around. I used the persuade option and had to fight her. I figured it was worth a try and clicked on it 2nd time around. She caved in once I pulled out the ring. No matter what though, you have to go through 1 combat with her. If there is more than 1 person in the party, she seems to be more willing to go up with HARM. She will break out heal if she can get away with it. If you keep wailing on her, she won't get the chance. It helps to have improved crits, improved knockdown, or power attack at this point. Be careful if you can do ultra megga damage though, I had dual fighting and went up against her and accidentally killed her because I did too much damage - Never did get the option to talk to her again.)
Old 09-09-2002, 10:33 AM   #12
perk31
Manshoon

I have her ring but never found an option to convince her to give up. Do I have to wear it?

I finally killed her by drinking lots of heal potions. I'm definitely reloading now.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:49 AM   #13
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Oh yeah, it's harder to convince her if yer a female or if u have low persuasion checks (duh!)

...And yah it's not really the *last* battle...
Old 09-09-2002, 01:27 PM   #14
perk31
Manshoon

It took me about 8 tries but I finaly got it. The ending is still lacking though; at least I'll get some work done now!
Old 09-09-2002, 01:34 PM   #15
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

It's kinda dumb that an evil character can take her down easily because her sword is only + 5 extra than normal against goody goodies....
i found her easy enough i didnt even want her alive i just killed her.... just outta curio why does she have full health after the dialogue?
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 02:44 PM   #16
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol, Aribeth was soooooooooo easy to beat... she kept trying to cast spells on me, and I kept interupting her with my twin tesser swords [img]tongue.gif[/img] hehe. When she surrendered, like a good wittle elven ranger, I healed her back to full health... kill her? It never crossed my mind... "The woman who gave me this ring" BAH! It SHOULD have been "the LADY who gave me this ring"... lol, I'm SURE my char has better manners then that [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, have you beaten her yet? she isnt really THAT hard, provided you keep whacking her before she can retailiate...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 11:24 AM   #17
perk31
Manshoon

She is healed after the conversation because she regenerates at an insane rate. I cancelled out the conversation once and the was still near death.

She is really only hard during the second battle, assuming you can avoid that negative engery ray she puts on you in the first fight. Everytime I fought her in the second round she sucked down about 6 heal potions before I finished her.