Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-18-2004, 07:02 AM   #1
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Valygar spoilers

-

-

-

-

-

i'm just tidying up in Alkathla in chapter 6 and popped into Valygar's house as we had arranged in the Umar Hills (from where we parted on good terms) - his servant greeted me but denied all knowledge of the guy which was strange - i said i would look around anyway and he left muttering something about the guards so we shrugged and popped upstairs to look for clues

it turns out Valygar was upstairs the whole time (perhaps he didn't recognise me in my swanky new red armour) and attacked me on sight - forced to defend myself i smashed him into the ground and recovered his badly dented body

i went back downstairs and found the front room full of guards and mages who also didn't want to hear my explanation (perhaps the body over my shoulder counted against me) - we left the house with some nice spell scrolls and 6 suits of full plate mail shaking our heads at the injustice of the world

what do you think went wrong? i've moved on as i have a people to save but i'm still a bit confused
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:56 AM   #2
DragonMage Draco of the stars
Elite Waterdeep Guard

it was your reply to the servant. If you tell him that you are going to look around he goes and gets the incompetent guards, and if Valygar is upstairs, he says something like "Leave my servant be!" Then he turns hostile.
DragonMage Draco of the stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:33 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

No, that's a genuine bug. If Armen met Valygar in his cabin and parted peaceably with him, and then gone to his Estate in Athkatla and spoken to Hervo, Hervo should have said something along the lines of "Master Corthala is expecting you, you will find him upstairs."

Since this is a definite bug, you would have been justified in Ctrl-Qing the hostile Valygar into your party, and then dismissing him again, after which he should hopefully be back to normal. (But try Reloading first, in all situations like this.) As for the Amnish & Cowls downsatirs, well, just look at them as a bonus.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

hmm - stranger and stranger - i did reload tonight (because i levelled up during the fight with the guards and made a proficiency error - i was reasonably happy with the way the story had run)

this time i chose the dialog option to leave peacably then walked upstairs normally - friendly Valygar greets me as if we have met before - oh well - i'll have to live without the bonus i guess
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote