Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-27-2001, 04:13 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Well this dragon was very challenging knocking my men down like a blonde. But I found a hint. Just talk to Fieerkag (Fierkarg?) and say that you won't fight her. The conjurer -or spellcaster? whatever he's got a damned name which I cant remember- will disappear (waiting for you in upper floor) then get out from the sight of the dragon and use the wand of cloudkill (or it was toxic cloud? I got a memory problem I think) Just Cast It to empty area but the toxic clouds will damage Dragon. When he's near death just attack him with your fighter who's immune to poison. And ta ta! The dragon is out!

And I found Carsomyr! IT'S AMAZING! I SAID "DAMN!!!"

Because I DONT HAVE A PALADIN

Well whatever I'm happy with my talking sword Lalcoyr! He's so cute. He says that his last owner was such an ass!? Eehhehehe

Well here's my question

After this method, I GAINED XP but THE QUEST DIDNT DISAPPEARED FROM MY JOURNAL BOOK. why
Old 08-27-2001, 04:51 AM   #2
Rikard

This fall under the catagory of cheesy tactics

Anyway to compleet the quest kill the mage
free the child and return to the paladin who gave you the quest

------------------
The Rocks show the way

Old 08-27-2001, 05:06 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Aw damn! I thought you engaged Firkragg and didn't get scratched.

Hell... I can use a Lvl 1 character, with 3 in all statistics to kill Firkragg using the Cloudkill method... ...

It's realllly takes advantage of the AI.

The following is purely a personal opinion and contains minor spoilers. Stauch defenders of using the Cloudkill method should take a pinch of salt before reading on.

First time I played through SoA, I too, used the Cloudkill method because it was being promoted almost everywhere. But... somehow my 'victory' felt hollow and that I was not doing justice to Firkragg. So I swore henceforth never to use that method again, and dedicated myself to find all manner of ways to kill Dragons while giving them respect at the same time. In all the times I have faced them, only twice have I been forced to reload(Shadow Dragon and Draconis). And there was one time, against the Black Dragon in Chap7, I did not suffer a scratch save one party member who miscasted. That was one of my favourites, because I went, I saw, and I beat the crap out of it without resorting to 'easy' ways like Cloudkill. That, in my own opinion, was a fair fight which I came out unhurt.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 08-27-2001, 05:47 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Found the link,

You can't touch me.

Note: This was taken before I bought ToB, so Mirror Image is still as in SoA. Oh, and did I mention I love to buff up with spells?