Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 05-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Default skills walkthrough?

Does anyone know of a comprehensive walkthrough online that explains what conversation paths players can get by using different skills? (The conversation with the Odea and Illium being a good example.)
Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: skills walkthrough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirengle View Post
Does anyone know of a comprehensive walkthrough online that explains what conversation paths players can get by using different skills? (The conversation with the Odea and Illium being a good example.)
That particular example is very aggravating due to the many, many "Bad End"s linked to it (although your definition of "Bad End" may vary due to party composition, moral values and intended roleplay). In order to keep both of them alive, you need to walk past Odea (DO NOT ask her to bring you to Illium), then use Intimidate on Illium to lower the barrier.

As for a comprehensive walkthrough, I regret to say that while there are many walkthroughs, none of them has the complete set of possibilities. This is not surprising as you can actually open up new dialogue paths depending on your Race, Class, Gender, Alignment, and even your damned Kit.

Half-breeds for example, can have a more meaningful conversation with Sherincal when you finally meet up with her.

Paladins on the other hand... tend to be blunt, screw the niceties, and get straight to the choppy. Indeed... pity the fool who decides to pump Diplomacy/Bluff for a Paladin.

Bluff is also quite widely used, and indeed, you can avoid a lot of tough battles in the final chapters just by bluffing your way through.

I do intend to write up a FAQ for IWD2 in the future, although I fear contributions will be scarce given the age of this game. The modding support for this game is also virtually non-existent, given how I got exactly zero replies to my queries in various modding forums...

Cheers.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Default Re: skills walkthrough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee Slaytern View Post
That particular example is very aggravating due to the many, many "Bad End"s linked to it (although your definition of "Bad End" may vary due to party composition, moral values and intended roleplay). In order to keep both of them alive, you need to walk past Odea (DO NOT ask her to bring you to Illium), then use Intimidate on Illium to lower the barrier.
Yeah, it's hard to keep them both alive. I spotted six different results through Infinity Explorer, and most of them ended with both of them dead.

Quote:
I do intend to write up a FAQ for IWD2 in the future, although I fear contributions will be scarce given the age of this game. The modding support for this game is also virtually non-existent, given how I got exactly zero replies to my queries in various modding forums...
I'd contribute. Then again, I'm just as fossilized as you are!

IWD2 is one of the few games that will run on my computer at the moment, so I found a HoF party in Dragon's Eye (and I *hate* Dragon's Eye) and started playing that.