Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 03:09 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sunglass Man

This is a school assignement. 15 questions. College students or potential college students preferred. I need at least 10 people to do it. Thanks!

================================================== =============================

Please circle your answer. On questions that have more than one possible answer you can circle all that apply to you. We thank you for your time and insight into this issue.
*See notice at the end of survey.

1. Were you informed about financial aid programs when you registered for classes? Yes / No

2. Do you know that the school catalog lists some of the grants and scholarships available? Yes / No

3. Do you know the difference between a grant and a loan? Yes / No

4. Did you know that you could lose Financial Aid if certain conditions are not met? Yes / No

5. Did you know that there are many race or gender based grants and scholarships available? Yes / No

6. Please indicate the following:

Race:_____________

7. What is your age group? 18-25 / 26-32 / 33-40 / Over 40

8. Do you have a high school diploma or a General Education Development certificate? HS Diploma / G.E.D.

9. What is your employment status?

Laid off
Un-employed, not seeking
Full time
Part time

10. What is your annual income? Less than $25K / More than $25K

11. Who currently pays for your tuition?
Self
Parents
Financial Aid
Trade Act

12. What is your major?

13. What is your current status of enrollment? Full time / Part time

14. Would you be willing to take the time to apply for financial aid if it would save you money? Yes / No

Why or why not?

15. Do you believe there should be a financial aid awareness program for new students? Yes / No

Why or why not?

*This survey is for the use of English 114 — Professional Research and Reporting. This is an independent study by students as a class project.

[ 06-12-2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 06-12-2004, 04:06 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, I did take a course (World Literature) last year, so I guess I'm qualified.

1. Were you informed about financial aid programs when you registered for classes? Yes

2. Do you know that the school catalog lists some of the grants and scholarships available? Yes

3. Do you know the difference between a grant and a loan? Yes

4. Did you know that you could lose Financial Aid if certain conditions are not met? Yes

5. Did you know that there are many race or gender based grants and scholarships available? Yes

Race:__Caucasian

7. What is your age group? Over 40

8. Do you have a high school diploma or a General Education Development certificate? HS Diploma

Full time

10. What is your annual income? More than $25K

Self

12. What is your major?Biology

13. What is your current status of enrollment? Part time

14. Would you be willing to take the time to apply for financial aid if it would save you money? Yes

Why or why not? Money is money.

15. Do you believe there should be a financial aid awareness program for new students? No

Why or why not?Let 'em get by like I did.

*This survey is for the use of English 114 — Professional Research and Reporting. This is an independent study by students as a class project.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Not sure if my answers would be of any help, I'm not from the US and some of the questions are really silly from a Dutch perspective. Will try to answer them regardless, though.

1. Were you informed about financial aid programs when you registered for classes? Yes (Dutch perspective: duh; every student gets a government grant, in fact)

2. Do you know that the school catalog lists some of the grants and scholarships available? Yes (see 1)

4. Did you know that you could lose Financial Aid if certain conditions are not met? Yes

5. Did you know that there are many race or gender based grants and scholarships available? n/a (silly Americans )

Race: Caucasian (Ugh, hate that description. Who cares anyways?)

7. What is your age group? 18-25

8. Do you have a high school diploma or a General Education Development certificate? Erm, High school diploma, and a propedeuse in Computer Science. Not sure how it translates into American terms.

Part time employee at IKEA

10. What is your annual income? Less than $25K

a mixture of three factors, though next year it'll just be me.

Self
Parents
Financial Aid

12. What is your major?
Haven't got one, have to decide that in a year. Currently in the first year of English Language & Culture.

13. What is your current status of enrollment? Full time

14. Would you be willing to take the time to apply for financial aid if it would save you money? n/a

Why or why not?

Part of the student grants don't have to paid back in the first place over here, so the question doesn't really apply here.

15. Do you believe there should be a financial aid awareness program for new students? n/a

Why or why not? It's pretty much common knowledge over here anyways.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

1. Were you informed about financial aid programs when you registered for classes? Yes

2. Do you know that the school catalog lists some of the grants and scholarships available? Yes

5. Did you know that there are many race or gender based grants and scholarships available? Yes

Race: White

8. Do you have a high school diploma or a General Education Development certificate? HS Diploma .

Un-employed, not seeking

10. What is your annual income? Less than $25K

Parents

12. What is your major? currently A.A. in Commercial Pilot

14. Would you be willing to take the time to apply for financial aid if it would save you money? No

Why or why not? Because with the income my parents make I wouldn't get financial aid. Ever [img]tongue.gif[/img]

15. Do you believe there should be a financial aid awareness program for new students? No

Why or why not? Because smart highschools tell their seniors about it before they graduate!

Interesting survey
Old 06-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
This is a school assignement. 15 questions.
College students or potential college students preferred.
I need at least 10 people to do it. Thanks!

================================================== ================

Please circle your answer. On questions that have more than one possible answer you can circle all that apply to you. We thank you for your time and insight into this issue.
*See notice at the end of survey.

3. Do you know the difference between a grant and a loan? No

Race: asian

8. Do you have a high school diploma or a General Education Development certificate? HS Diploma / G.E.D.
yes, HS diploma so far
Student and casual part time

10. What is your annual income? Less than $25K / More than $25K
N/A

Parents

12. What is your major?
Degree: Commerce Major: undecided

14. Would you be willing to take the time to apply for financial aid if it would save you money? Yes

Why or why not?

Because it would help

15. Do you believe there should be a financial aid awareness program for new students? Yes

Why or why not?

Because many students should be aware of what is happening.

[ 06-14-2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-14-2004, 08:18 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Will five more people do this for me in the next 2 hours? Please!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Race: Caucasian (Ugh, hate that description. Who cares anyways?)
My survey is proving so far that blacks are more likely to need financial aid for income troubles, and they are the very ones that answered "no" to at least one of the first five questions. This is proving that somebody is not doing their job with the groups that need help the most.

Thus the reason for the survey.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:42 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I need just two more now!

You can PM me your info if you do not want to post it public!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 AM   #9
Dedzy
The Magister

I qualify, Senior in Economics.

Race: Caucasian

7. What is your age group? 33-40
8. Do you have a high school diploma or a General Education Development certificate? HS Diploma
9. What is your employment status? Full time
10. What is your annual income? More than $25K

My employer
12. What is your major? Economics

13. What is your current status of enrollment? Part time

14. Would you be willing to take the time to apply for financial aid if it would save you money? Yes (But I know I wouldn't qualify)

Why or why not? I know I would not qualify

15. Do you believe there should be a financial aid awareness program for new students? Sure, some sort of 3 to 5 hour workshop, why not.

Why or why not? There are lots of students out there who don't know what is available to them.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:22 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you all! I now have enough to do my report. I had 1/4 of all surveys to do.