Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-30-2001, 11:45 AM   #291
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: Nano, if you use 3rd ed stuff, please inform us more about it before you use it, not all of us play 3rd ed, I only play 2nd ed since I see it as better, but anyway, some spells CAN protect against psionic powers, and a few psionics can protect against spells, and is the "Psychic Warrior" a class or a race? Because if it's just a Drow with psionic abilities, then he is by no means immune to either magic or weapons, unless, of course he uses his powers to render himself ethereal or protect him against magic, but, if 3rd ed psionics are anything like 2nd ed psionics, then he cannot keep it up indefinately, it all drains his powers, this also means that he cannot scan for intruders with his psionic powers indefinately.)

Razzen snuck along the walls of the Drow city, looking for guards, some sort of magic or psionics had blocked Tiax's clairvoyance from locating Rhazor, and therfore Razzen was out scouting to see if they could find any sign of Rhazor or the others, Neb and Tiax had cleared out a small building near the walls of the city of it's occupants quietly and stealthily, they were now hiding there waiting for Razzen to come back and tell them whether he found anything.

Razzen felt as though he had walked for miles, the city must be huge, he thought and wondered if he would ever find Rhazor, suddenly, a Drow patrol came walking out of a sidestreet, Razzen quickly ducked into an alley and listened to what they were saying, one of the Drow guards said "Have you heard the rumor that an elf has been captured by the Psychic Warrior who came here from Val Cl'rud a few weeks ago?", the other guard nodded and said "They say he's got him hidden in the abandoned part of the arena," the guards moved on and were soon out of Razzen's sight, he quickly snuck back to the others, wondering if the captured elf was Rhazor, he didn't see the guards fade away after they had passed from his sight, the Psychic Warrior knew how to bait new elves into his arena.

(OOC: Razzen is an elf, and the guards who conveniently dropped a clue as to where Rhazor was hidden were psionic illusions created by the Psychic Warrior to trick Razzen into going to his arena so the Psychic Warrior could capture him and force him to fight for his amusement.)
Old 08-30-2001, 05:29 PM   #292
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Appologies to all that feel left out of the "story" at the moment... ;-( It's just that people keep trying to rush through the plot, and how can we have any fun if ya'll rush it? ^_~* Yikes, there's a very large thunderstorm going on outside, so i better hurry up before the power goes out.... oh and encard, mind readin back a bit, buddy? things have changed a bit... Fortuna isnt with us anymore, sulking cuz feeling left out (sooorry! -_-;; ) so if u did a "location" spell, it'd take you back to the Bar. ^_^;; Dont know anything to answer yer questions about the "nemesis" of Rhazor's, have to wait til he replies i guess... ok im done. ^_^;;
IC- An hour later found Skye done with Rhazor's "fix-it" job, and watching alertly, while Rhazor slept off the medicine she gave him. 'Heheh, good thing I slipped that sleeping potion into the medicine, looks like he needed it. He's an elf, anyway, so he should heal better with sleep.' Skye's ears perked up as she hears the guard talking amongst themselves.
"Hey, you hear about the commotion that's been going on all over the city? Intruders seem to be popping up like flies!" muttered one of the guards.
"Yeah, I also heard that they seem to be causing quite a nusisance. Can't believe they're all here for these two stupid elves... who'd want to rescue elves anyways?...." The guards' conversation faded away, as they walked out of hearing distance. 'So, looks like the rest of the gang is catching up. Hope they don't get into much trouble....' Skye thinks to herself,as she settles back. She slowly dropped off to sleep.

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-30-2001, 06:01 PM   #293
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC:

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
..some spells CAN protect against psionic powers..
But some spells cannot protect items from psionic powers.

Quote:
..is the "Psychic Warrior" a class or a race?
Psychic Warrior is a Prestige Class, or Kit. Fighters, Clerics who worship evil deities, and Wizards (Mages) become these.

Quote:
..he is by no means immune to either magic or weapons..
I never stated that he was. Of course, Drow, as a race, have resistance to magic, and let's say that this guy is a very experienced Drow Warrior..

Quote:
..he cannot keep it up indefinately..
He hasn't used any of his psion powers yet, he has only used an enchantment on his sword.

Quote:
..he cannot scan for intruders with his psionic powers indefinately..
Again, never said he was doing that. The Drow city is composed of other Drow, and he is considered the male Matron. Anything that happens in the city goes to him, before any of the female Matrons. So if intruders are entering the city, he will know about it.

Quote:
..the Psychic Warrior knew how to bait new elves into his arena.
One, illusionism is not part of someone's psionic powers. Perhaps he had a Cleric make the fake Drow.. Two, he only wants Rhazor to compete in the Arena, it is a little historical background..

Encard.. You're really messing up the whole plot here..

IC: The Drow Warrior returns a few hours later, and finds a man inside the cell with his two Elves. "WHAT IS THIS!?!" The Drow swings the door open, and the ring fizzles. Encard looks at his ring with anxiety. The Drow steps on the ring, crushing the metal support of the gem, causing the gem itself to crack. Encard looks through his Bag of Holding for something to defend himself with, but the Drow already has a grip on him. He tears the bag away from him, removes his sword, and then chains him to the cell beside Rhazor's. He looks at the mage, and says "I will deal with YOU later.."

OOC: Encard, last chance to make an escape, bud.. If you decide to stay, and find out what he meant about 'dealing with you later'.. How do I put this? It will be the first time your character feels pain..

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 08-30-2001).]
Old 08-30-2001, 06:18 PM   #294
Tancred
White Dragon

Karnas looks up, to see the One he knows - only a little - as Fortuna Freeman enter the bar.
"What - what are you doing back so soon? Where's everyone else?"
"What's happened?" echoes Tancred the sword. "Who's there? I can't see a thing in here!"
Old 08-31-2001, 12:03 AM   #295
Nanobyte

OOC:

Ack! Forget it! I can't stand it how you ruin everything just to save yourself! For one, you did not have a sword, the Drow removed it from you. Two, you can't teleport, because your chained. Three, yes he can take on Pit Fiends, or whatever it is that you summoned. LS, Encard is creating a mess of the situation, and would like to just think of it as a paradox.. Pretend none of this ever happened...
Old 08-31-2001, 09:19 AM   #296
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

OOC- Ok... am I the only one that is confused here? I would believe that I'm still chained in the cell... while all the guyz run away. -_-;; Well, i might as well continue with this...
IC- Skye stares after the disapearing figures with frown. "Hey, what about me? You're supposed to make sure the girl is ok first! Hmph." She turns back around to deal with the demons, well, to the best of her ability. To her surprise and shock, they suddenly disapeared. Skye found herself still chained to the cell, while being totally alone... in the distance she could hear a commotion, most likely the three guys that just ran away had regained their composure and were starting to duke it out. "They better save some of that guy for me... I have to get him back for some of those elf comments he said," Skye muttered darkly to herself, while she struggled to free herself from her chains.

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-31-2001, 10:32 AM   #297
Neb

(OOC: Sorry to have to disagree with you Nano, but psionic powers CAN be used to make illusions, but in a different way than magic, a psionic can make someone believe that they are seeing something, believe me, I know my psionics, of course, it could be that they have been changed a LOT in the 3rd ed rules which you are apparently using.)

After Razzen returned and told Tiax and Neb what he had seen, they decided that he should go to the arena alone since he was the only one of them who was able to sneak through a Drow city unnoticed, he was further aided by a Ring of Invisibility given to him by Neb, after putting on the ring, Razzen left their hiding place, moving as quickly as possible.

Razzeb snuck along, avoiding the Drow as best he could, it was easy, since they weren't looking for him, by following a few Drow nobles and their bodyguards, he found his way to the arena, he moved silently along the walls of the arena, searching for a way in, when he got to the back of the arena building, he noticed a small flaw in the wall, a piece of masonry sticking out of the wall, Razzen decided that the Drow were unlikely to leave flaws in their buildings and after examining it a bit, he discovered that it was a lever, he drew his two-handed sword and walked a bit away and then used it to pull the lever from a distance, when the lever was pulled, a part of the wall slid away, a very small part, you would have to be a very slim drow to slip through there(Or a psionic using the psionic power which turns him/her into a shadow, which is a very thin thing indeed), luckily, Razzen was so thin as to be almost gaunt, but still, it was a tight fit, after pressing himself through the hole in the wall(Which closed behind him, leaving him no way out) he looked around, he was at the end of a short passage with empty cells on either side, a short way ahead, the passage turned sharply to the left, Razzen peeked cautiously around the corner, quite a long way ahead, he saw what looked to be a Drow and two elves and a human which he presumed were Encard, Rhazor and Skydrac.

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 01:54 PM   #298
Nanobyte

OOC: Why does everyone still post? I told you to forget it, Encard has ruined what I had planned.. Encard was chained, not Skye. Like I said, just forget this ever happened. There is no way I can alter the events to what I want because suddenly Rhazor is fully healed, Encard isn't chained, has his wands again ..
Old 08-31-2001, 01:57 PM   #299
Neb

(OOC: How about we say that, Encard is chained, he has no wands, and his magical spells have been reduced to those that can be found in the Player's Handbook and Skye is free, or at least not chained, let's just say that that is how it is, if we do so we can continue.)
Old 08-31-2001, 02:05 PM   #300
Lord Shield

Ok. Looks like adventure closed as people are either confused or sulking

Link to the new thread OVER HERE.

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site