Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 11:24 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Willow you have done it again!

With the current heat wave roasting us here in Europe, there is not much else to do but stay inside with a fan or 4 on. So I took advantage of it all and re-installed W&W, used the Virtual Dub, and wolay. I can enter the shops and leave from both gates. Soon, there will be talk of a Chaotic Neutral Assassin roaming the lands of the gael serran again.

I think I tried a short cut the last time; Saving directly into the directory from Virtual Dub. This time I did as prescribed and had no problems.

I have not really started yet, will patch after I get the Assassin's Dagger, and you know what I mean!

I'm running the latest Radeon Catalyst, I think I have that Radeon file we discussed somewhere on a CD. Have you played with your new card yet? Any issues?

Again 3 cheers to ya!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:45 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Grin!!

Willow is very helpful, as we all know!

Many of the fixes listed in the BEST TIPS are the work of many excellent posters. We all owe them a debt of gratitude for finding solutions to the problems players encounter playing W&W!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Make him a Mod! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just a proposition... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

For example Dundee became a Moderator becuase of his knowledge...
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 12:15 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
HIM?!? Just what are you implying? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Felix, I thought it was my birth day at first. Haven't tried my new Radeon card yet since the hubby hasn't gotten his new yet. He traded the 9800PRO he was getting to a 9800PRO 256Mb so I'll have to wait another week or two.

Is the file we were discussing the same as the Radeon patch on Xignal's site? Could you perhaps compare them? If they're not the same we will definitely have to host it somewhere to make this service available to all. [img]smile.gif[/img] (I could do that)

[ 08-16-2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 04:05 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:

[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] I appologize my beautiful lady. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 05:51 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:

Felix, I thought it was my birth day at first. Haven't tried my new Radeon card yet since the hubby hasn't gotten his new yet. He traded the 9800PRO he was getting to a 9800PRO 256Mb so I'll have to wait another week or two.

Is the file we were discussing the same as the Radeon patch on Xignal's site? Could you perhaps compare them? If they're not the same we will definitely have to host it somewhere to make this service available to all. [img]smile.gif[/img] (I could do that)
[/QUOTE]Willow, Yes that is the site. I remembered it as soon as it opened. It is a very small file (zipped), and located with the WinXP stuff. Works great.

So, he's chnaged his mind and going for the 256MB card, wooHoo.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:04 PM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
Willow, Yes that is the site. I remembered it as soon as it opened. It is a very small file (zipped), and located with the WinXP stuff. Works great.

So, he's chnaged his mind and going for the 256MB card, wooHoo.

Felix
Excellent. Then I know where to find it when I get my new card. [img]smile.gif[/img] Woohoo? Well it's his money, even though he apparently doesn't need to pay that much for it. But hey, I love getting free parts for my computer.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:58 AM   #8
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

3 cheers for Willow!!!!!

Although I've never had any technical problems, Willow has been a source of much gaming inspiration and has been a major part of the group here that has helped with my ingame problems.

Again, 3 cheers!

Moiraine Sedai
Old 08-21-2003, 10:58 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

And 3 cheers for Moiraine for double posting. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:20 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Willow.... [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] Be nice to Moiraine Sedai!

I was going to [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] but I feared you'd sic TL on me [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote