Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-18-2001, 04:10 PM   #1
Shmack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey.

After hearing all this praise about Keldorn, and it has caused me to get very excited about him being apart of my party. Now I know that I get him in the sewers in the Temple District, and that I have to talk to the Helm Priest in order to initiate this quest. Where is the Helm Priest?

Also, I'm currently in Chapter 2, just finished the Slaves Quest, and about to take part in Natlia's Quest. I dropped Jaheila and Yoshimo, partly because of the exp., the challenge, and the anticipation of Keldorn. Now, should I venture to the Temple District as my party is right now (and the statistics of my party can be found below) to recieve Keldorn. Or, should I proceed to take part in Natlia's quest with my current party, or take part in Natlia's quest with allowing Yoshimo to rejoin my party until Natlia's quest is over, and I have recieved Keldorn? I'm stumped, any expertice that you guys could provide for me would be greatly appreciated. My party statistics are listed below:

My Beserker: Clvl 9 (He is intending to be dual-classed to a cleric, should I do this at clvl 10 or 12?)
Minsc: Clvl 8
Aerie: Clvl 8
Natlia: Clvl 9
Imoen (currently being held captive)

Thanks~
Cheers!
-Shmack
Old 06-18-2001, 04:15 PM   #2
trux

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
you receive the job from the Temple of Helm on first entering the Temple District. You travel down the first walkway you're in and a cut-scene will begin where it becomes apparent to you that there is some new religious movement springing up in the area. A priest of helm (i think it's helm,) will ask you to come meet in the Temple of Helm. go there to speak with them, you'll get the quest and find keldorn in the sewers.

------------------
--
trux
Old 06-18-2001, 04:18 PM   #3
trux

actually, i think any temple of your alignment will approach you for aid.
Old 06-18-2001, 04:26 PM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Which Naia quest are you talking about specifically?

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-18-2001, 06:09 PM   #5
Volourn
Manshoon

He's near the beginning, so he's probably talking about Nalia's family keep. Do it any way you want. That's the fun part about this game. Nalia's quest is easier, IMO. BTW: You should probably dual at level 10.

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-19-2001, 12:29 AM   #6
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

You want to dual class your beserker either at level 9, or at level 12. At level 9 you stop getting the great HP bonuses of the fighter, and is a great time to dual class.
Waiting to level 12 will give you an extra 3 fighter level Thaco, plus you'll get another Proficiency point to place. A level 12 fighter type will have 8 proficiency points to use. Great for Grandmastering a weapon and putting 3 points to dual weapons.
Once you dual class, your cleric will get proficiencies, but you can't raise warrior weapon proficiencies until you pass your beserker level. Thus if you have 4 proficiencies in war hammer, all your proficiencies you get for your cleric until he bypasses your fighter level can't raise that up any more.
You only need to get to level 12 if you really have a slot that the extra proficiency point will work in. (like if you have 2 dual weapon points and not 3, or 4 weapon points and not 5, etc)
Old 06-19-2001, 12:42 AM   #7
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Dual at lvl.12 the extra fighter bonus and the extra berserk bonus are worth it, especially if you are playing with Exp. Cap off (download it on the IronWorks 'cheat' page-IMO this is not really a cheat ).
As to your quests go ahead and finish Nalias Quest, it is pretty easy and will give you some extra items and some good Exp.Seeing as you have 2 spare slots in your group you may as well go and get Keldorn and then proceed to Nalias home.
BTW, Keldorn really needs the gauntlets of dexterity to properly make him the force that he can be-I think these can also be found in the Sewers though you may have to get into a fight to get them.
Good luck with your game BTW.