Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 03:09 AM   #41
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

wowie... its only been like less than a week since this post wuz up...and so many has replied already (im also including the old post that already has 100+replies) ... its a good thing ol Memnoch posted a new one... i remember that one of the old post before that had so many replies crash... good for you Memnoch ...

oh yeah... i dunno if i replied already but... Im from the Phillipines... howdy to ya all!!
Old 02-01-2001, 03:13 AM   #42
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I was actually borned in Hong Kong and lived there for 11 years before moving to Toronto, Canada. Now I live in Waterloo during Monday thru Thursday, and the rest of the week in Toronto.
Old 02-01-2001, 03:13 AM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudbringer, Talieson,

Trolls are NOT TOLERATED here. We had a bad example a couple of months ago and quickly banned him. I'm keeping an eye on all these trolls, for some silly reason they don't seem to realize that their IP addresses get logged whenever they post and when they get banned their IPs are sent to other boards so that they can get banned from even becoming members. This is why this board is so troll-free and flame-free.
Old 02-01-2001, 10:55 AM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memnoch, I thought as much. Not seeing much nastiness. I don't frequent usenet groups much these days. Too many nutcases willing to make trouble and I haven't the time to deal with that sort of thing. Too busy with work, church and BGII, of course!

Wondered who patroled the board, glad to see you do. I guess we are in excellent hands in that respect.
Old 02-02-2001, 01:47 AM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Absythne,
Thanks mate. I've used Mackie desks before, and for the price range they sounded quite good. Was able to achieve a fair amount of 'space' in a mix. Also the 'Rode Classic' mic in particular sounded very good through it.
I mainly use Protools on a G4 at the studio I use, and at home I use a PC with VST and Acid on it for smaller budget or loops based recordings.
I'm always looking out for new gear, if only to keep my finger on the pulse.
Thanks for the hello!
Old 02-02-2001, 07:28 AM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

No problem, Storm-Queen (you do know of the Simbul of Aglarond, don't you?) Best thing to do with trolls is not to feed them (getting into a pointless argument with them) or respond to their flaming. But all of us like our community here and we stand up to protect it and keep it a friendly place for all!
Old 02-02-2001, 07:35 AM   #47
Armisael

I've developed a very special language for dealing with trolls.

Old 02-02-2001, 07:37 AM   #48
Turin_Mormegil

Hey Memnoch man sorry to tell ya but ip ban is 100% useless against ppl who use dialup cuz their ip changes everytime they log onto the internet so its impossible to ban their ip without banning their who server and if its a big one like @yahoo or @home then you are banning dozens of other people too. One of the only advantages to using dialup

Old 02-02-2001, 07:49 AM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Turin, bottom line is, trolls are not welcome. Sure if they use a dialup their IP changes but i've checked these guys' IPs and they haven't changed over the past couple of days meaning they're not using dialup. And even if they did, the entire server would get banned, affecting dozens of people, because that's policy on most of these boards, and their ISP would get a message about the whole thing. Bottom line, it's not in their best interest to do it, and just because you have a dialup doesn't mean you can feel as though you're untouchable.

I'm quite familiar with Armisael's very special language with trolls. I remember spending a pleasant weekday afternoon, not a lot of work at work, lazily skimming through the posts, when the world erupted in flames around us. The Nameless Flamer and his accomplice, He of No Flame Worth Mentioning, turned the board into a battlefield. It was me and Armisael (but mostly Armisael) against them, but guess who had the last laugh in the end! Remember that epic battle, Armisael?
Old 02-02-2001, 08:10 AM   #50
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmmm... i remember that one Memnoch although i came when the battle is already ending... heh... i rememeber posting something there but i dont know what... anyway... i still rememeber that you got his IP address and all and the "nameless-flamer-that-should-not-be-named-lest-tradegy-strikes-again" said that he was able to log back on because he got a different IP... to think we would lose the battle when Armisel showed up and used his unique skill in able to get the "nameless-flamer-that-should-not-be-named-lest-tradegy-strikes-again" real address (his home address)... where he studied... and something else... but the funny part wuz ,for me, (well not funny that time but right now would be just right to rekindle old memories) that Armisel threatened to go to his house... talk to his parents and beat the hell out of him ... boy... (ever since Armisel found out how close he was living near him) the "nameless-flamer-that-should-not-be-named-lest-tradegy-strikes-again" just shut up... heh... its nice to chat with old memeories although they are already 2-3 months ago... (to think its already called ancient already)

ps: i want to give a toast... to old Memnoch and Armisel, two great warriors, against 2 great enemies managed to win in the end of the long battle that plagued the board so long ago... cheers