Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-28-2002, 04:34 AM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

At about 3pm last Saturday I decided I'd had enough of typing up essays and wading through impenetrable text books for my classes at university, and decided to pack up and drive down to my girlfriend's house for the day. We had a great evening together, and I decided to spend the night over at her house because I was tired and felt too sleepy for the drive back to campus. Her family were all home that night, and because the sleeping arrangements were a little tight, I offered to sleep downstairs, on the sofa. Once I was settled on the couch and just about to drift off to sleep, I heard a soft breathing somewhere to the left of me. It was that of a young woman, and I guessed it could be no more than about five or ten feet from where I was. So I sat up a little and looked around. It was fairly dim but I could see there was nobody in the room; Kathleen (my girlfriend) and her family were all asleep upstairs. I tried to think who or what could be making the noise, but couldn't come up with anything. The family has no pets and I knew there was nobody else in the room.

I laid there for quite a while, listening to this breathing, feeling excited and uneasy at the same time. It was steady, calm and continuous. I felt rooted to the spot, but after about half an hour I reached out and switched on a lamp that was next to the sofa, and this confirmed it; there was nobody in the room, yet I could still hear this young woman breathing very close to me. I really could feel the hair on my neck rise. I switched the lamp back off, got back under the covers and eventually fell asleep, probably about two hours later.

This is the strangest thing that I've ever had happen to me. I've never had any kind of paranormal experience before, and this is the first time I've ever really given the topic any serious thought. I know there is no explanation for what I heard; the breathing was right next to me, and I know I was not imagining it.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Or does anyone have any experiences of their own to share? I really would be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on this matter.

[ 10-28-2002, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]

Old 10-28-2002, 04:45 AM   #2
Deathbringer

Interesting... I would say that your gf was having some fun with you [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Maybe she was hiding behind the sofa?
Or maybe it was the wind? Or maybe someone upstairs breathes heavily? [img]tongue.gif[/img] , or maybe it was someone outside stalking you? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] , or maybe it was you? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Or possibly a ghost. Why don't you ask her about it

Old 10-28-2002, 04:47 AM   #3
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

At the last place I lived sometimes the bed would shake at night.

[ 10-28-2002, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 10-28-2002, 05:03 AM   #4
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Sounds similar to experiences I've had where I was asleep but dreamt I had woken up and something happened and it was so vivid I was sure it had happened...
Old 10-28-2002, 05:24 AM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

This happens to me on average of about once a week, I also occasionally will have things tap on my window and the headboard of my bed, and once I saw a figure looming around in the room that was slightly hazy but had the outline of some lady with a veil... I also have had weird shadows move around the room that look something like tentacles and once did open the blinds in my window to find a pair of bloodshot, bodiles eyes staring at me through the dark of the night. I also have had things move around through the rafters in the roof and occasionally my cat begins vommiting uncontrollably while acting out of character and clawing at the furniture while my iMac has been known to just shift possitions around the room at will when left alone and it always makes a bizzare inhuman noise when starting up that sounds like glass breaking inside of a screaming mans mouth. As of yet nothing has happened recently but I do see when looking at my desk that my texbooks have relocated themselves to the top of one of the blades of my ceiling fan...One time I was looking around a novelty store in Texas and a tequilla worm that was embedded in one of the infamouse botles started moving about and trying to swim out of the bottle... Poor thing drowned before i could point it out to anyone...
Old 10-28-2002, 06:02 AM   #6
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

How do you it was a 'young' womans breathing ?
Old 10-28-2002, 06:08 AM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
This happens to me on average of about once a week, I also occasionally will have things tap on my window and the headboard of my bed, and once I saw a figure looming around in the room that was slightly hazy but had the outline of some lady with a veil... I also have had weird shadows move around the room that look something like tentacles and once did open the blinds in my window to find a pair of bloodshot, bodiles eyes staring at me through the dark of the night. I also have had things move around through the rafters in the roof and occasionally my cat begins vommiting uncontrollably while acting out of character and clawing at the furniture while my iMac has been known to just shift possitions around the room at will when left alone and it always makes a bizzare inhuman noise when starting up that sounds like glass breaking inside of a screaming mans mouth. As of yet nothing has happened recently but I do see when looking at my desk that my texbooks have relocated themselves to the top of one of the blades of my ceiling fan...One time I was looking around a novelty store in Texas and a tequilla worm that was embedded in one of the infamouse botles started moving about and trying to swim out of the bottle... Poor thing drowned before i could point it out to anyone...
Errr......rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiight.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 10-28-2002, 06:45 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Vaskz, I believe Deathkiller, I dont think he is someone lies. and wow, Deathkiller, you are very brave, these things would freak me out for sure!

[ 10-28-2002, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-28-2002, 06:53 AM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Maybe. But it's hard for me to believe such things when I've never had any paranormal experiences in my life. It's funny how they always happen to people who WANT to believe in them....at least it seems like that to me.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 10-28-2002, 06:54 AM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

lol... It all really happened to me... in my dreams perhaps... but whenever i sleep weird stuff like that happens... Just this morning I heard something climb up the glass of my window rather rappidly and bang against my air conditioner, stat for a moment, then shifted to one side, climbed around it, and onto the roof, and I have no idea what the heck it was... Whatever it was it was able to climb straight up glass with some sort of a pointy-foot tool for climbing that made a noise like a fork hitting a peice of china against a glass window that was 90 degrees perpendicular to the ground . . . and was quite big from the way it sounded banging against the air conditioner. . .