Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-07-2001, 05:26 PM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

I just picked it up today (Bargain bin at my EB), since I've heard people rave about it on the board. I figured I'd post to their forum to introduce the Dawg, but....

there isn't one!

OK, so which forum is Torment being discussed at?

I'm starting to play when I get home.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil
Old 05-07-2001, 05:30 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

There are so many people that love that game that I went and got it too, but I just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the gui, I didn't like the char. generation, and I really struggle to cope with 640x480. I think that if I got it when it first came out I might have played through, but oh well. If you get into it, let me know the secret.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-07-2001, 05:39 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Personally.. I loved Planescape Torment!! It took a bit of getting used to, but was well worth it in my opinion. The storyline is excellent, and there is a lot of humor involved with your NPC's.

------------------
Old 05-08-2001, 02:47 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK, hmm, how can i describe this..
Go through the first section kill off some zombies, explore your character, see what he can do, why not go away and start a fight and see what happens when you die?
hehe, thats right, feel the dude your playing, and explore the way of not really dying.
Go to see the beatiful ghostgirl in the end and start to feel the really good story!!

The trick is to see it this way.
You´re like a man who can become Merlin, Conan, Greynouse, Drizzt, hell about whatever you wnat to be..
But always you have to be one part Sherlock Holmes. There are alot of tricks and traps in this game. You have to find clues and you have to die to solve them. Thus the complex one you´re playing. This story would be really hard to put anywhere else but in Planscape..

Well ok 640x480.. Is that really such a drag? I mean I like to play Diablo 2, (which I somtime compares to a drug, just a little more..) and well BG is still fun.. So well, if the game is good I don´t mind. I can understand that it is alittle harder to really "get in" to the character since you do´t create what you want solemnly, but I promise you.. You have real cool fights and creatures in this game that does make it worth your time!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 06:57 AM   #5
Epona
Zartan

I agree with you Wolfgir - gameplay is the most important aspect of a game. I'm playing through PST at the mo (also HOW & BGII!) and I am enjoying it - but then I always enjoyed adventure games, even when they were just text, and it is more like RPG/Adventure.

I suggested at one point a forum for PST/Fallout/other RPGs - I still think it would be a good idea, but Ziroc is probably a bit busy at the moment to go looking into new forums!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-08-2001, 07:19 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I suggested at one point a forum for PST/Fallout/other RPGs - I still think it would be a good idea, but Ziroc is probably a bit busy at the moment to go looking into new forums!

Echo that thought!

I was (am) a big fan of Fallout and Fallout2, I´m currently oin the mood for some more, but well BROS will have to do for now.. I still have a pile of games in my echoing apartment that hasn´t been installed yet..

But it could be a great idea, people sharing thoughts of new up and rising games. Ziroc has picked the most promising ones, unfortunately the games haven´t been published yet..
The fallout games have been out there some time and to bring them back.. could suit a "I remember" post..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 10:57 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

heres the hitch, play it before bg2... hehe well not really. if you are in for some depth, more char interaction, and super powerful stats, this is the game to beat!!! it has a clean, innovative inteface... i mean compared to bg1... hehe

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:00 AM   #8
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Ya See? Ya See?
THIS is what I'm talkin about !
A guy asks a question, and everybody's there to help!

That's my clan !!!

AW YEAH
man, I love you guys...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil
Old 05-08-2001, 04:20 PM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

To bad bg2 has to be pessimistic and say they all died while working for the nameless one.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-08-2001, 04:35 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
OK, hmm, how can i describe this..
Go through the first section kill off some zombies, explore your character, see what he can do, why not go away and start a fight and see what happens when you die?
hehe, thats right, feel the dude your playing, and explore the way of not really dying.
Go to see the beatiful ghostgirl in the end and start to feel the really good story!!

The trick is to see it this way.
You´re like a man who can become Merlin, Conan, Greynouse, Drizzt, hell about whatever you wnat to be..
But always you have to be one part Sherlock Holmes. There are alot of tricks and traps in this game. You have to find clues and you have to die to solve them. Thus the complex one you´re playing. This story would be really hard to put anywhere else but in Planscape..

Well ok 640x480.. Is that really such a drag? I mean I like to play Diablo 2, (which I somtime compares to a drug, just a little more..) and well BG is still fun.. So well, if the game is good I don´t mind. I can understand that it is alittle harder to really "get in" to the character since you do´t create what you want solemnly, but I promise you.. You have real cool fights and creatures in this game that does make it worth your time!

All righty there brother, I will give it a shot again. I honestly didn't get far enough into it to really begin to grasp the story line. I suppose I should play it for a few days to give it a real chance. It is just so hard after playing BG2 as Bahamut said!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)