Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-17-2002, 07:49 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

I've not played any of this series. I just got Morrowind yesterday (haven't even loaded it yet). What is the better type of character to play the game? I usually pick a fighter/palidin type. Is that good here? Or is this game more towards magic? Should I go mage type?

Thanks for your help/info.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 09:52 AM   #2
Case00
Manshoon

Pretty much anything works, that's the joy of it. I went with an assassin type, but chose Long Blade for a major skill for the biggier uglies.. it's all up to you. Armor has no effect on spell casting, so if you want, create a spellcaster with heavy armor and axe as skills. The sky is the limit.

[ 05-17-2002, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Case00 ]
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 09:57 AM   #3
DraconisRex

Fighter/Paladin? It's not really quite that type of game, though you can play that way (Crusader). Play it. You'll see. And it's worth it.

Oh, and read the very slim manual.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 10:02 AM   #4
Yack
Dungeon Master

For a game this big its better if you play with the character you like, not with the one with more advantages, if not you will get burn of bored fast.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:26 AM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

heya! there's so many races and classes to choose from and so far, it looks like the game is extremely well-balanced. any class can play successfully.

you can even make up your own class to play!

i have an assassin and have been having a blasr running her around in the game. she so totally rocks! things start pretty slow with all classes, and the first few levels can seem to go on and on forever, but that's just how the game is. sometimes you gain fast and other times its horrifically slow.

remember that you can have your crusader learn magic along with his sword skills. its just how YOU want to play, love!

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
Gary Larson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are interested in joining guilds you may want to research what skills the various guilds consider important so that you can make sure that you include at least some of those skill as major/minor skills for your character. This will effect how much you have to work to can gain rank in the guild.
Gary Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 12:41 PM   #7
Arvon
Unicorn

Thanks all! I've got some interesting things from your comments.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 12:58 PM   #8
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

MI SOTH 10th LVL Orc/Knight in ebony armor can't find anything he can't rip a new one. hehehehe. Gotta stay in character.