Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Mad NWN2 OC Crash

Greetings all

*Grumpy mode engaged*

I'm getting a little fed up with this game - the irritating camera options and extremely linear gameplay has me at a loose end and simply wanting closure to it so that I can get on with MotB.

*Note that spoilerish details follow*

Firstly the Nightwalker avatar wouldn't appear in the Courtyard battle with Black Garius, thus causing my group to do an infinite dance of death around said immortal villain. Thankfully I managed to find a debug script to skip this silly scenario. However, upon resting, talking to Aldanon and heading into the Vale - a conversation occurs, Neeshka disappears and the game crashes to the desktop before any further gameplay is possible. (with the usual Windows message)

I've only just updated to v1.20 with Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir installed. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem? In the meantime, I'll do some more forum searching...

Cheers,
CD
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 AM   #2
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Default Re: NWN2 OC Crash

Not finding a solution, I decided to just uninstall/reinstall. Thankfully after patching to 1.05, it became playable and I was able to get passed the glitch and gradually move into the inner sanctum in the Vale.

I am currently sussing out the final battle with the King of Shadows, after dispatching Black Garius. After three attempts, I'vefailed each time at the mini-shadows, who don't seem to stop churning out of the statues. They eventually overwhelm my party, but I'm yet to try delaying Jerro's Web of Purity ability to get the most out of it. Next time...meanwhile, any other tips for the battle are welcome.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Last edited by CerebroDragon; 01-08-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

If I recall, try right-clicking on the statues to target them.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

Thanks, Greything.

I just needed to micro-manage my party's tactics more effectively during the mini-shadows phase to maxmise damage to them and to ensure my spell casters didn't get overwhelmed. So lots of area effect spells, buffing and retreating where necessary to stop them ganging up on one character.

But yes, I have since managed to go on and beat the King of Shadows thankfully. Listening to Ammon Jerro is the easiest way to stay ahead in the final phases as well as a general strategy of keeping the big King Shadow abomination busy whilst others are hacking the statues.
I gave the gith sword to Casavir in the end in order to make the final act of destroying the portal go a little faster.
Here's some final reflections on the group that I had in the end, all of whom were still alive.

PC (Wizard level 19)
Khelgar (Couldn't have done it without him!)
Casavir (Didn't use him throughout the campaign much at all, but he proved critical in the final fight)
Grobnar (I barely used him in the OC, but he ended up being quite handy in his ability to spam Ice Storms, heal and cast great spells like haste and greater heroism)
Zhaejve (Well timed high level spells worked wonders)
Ammon Jerro (Despised him really and didn't want to use him and was frankly surprised that he didn't turn on me).
Sand (Probably my favourite NPC from the OC...was targetted regularly and resurrected a couple of times.)

Looking forward to Mask of the Betrayer, but I'm hoping it's less linear and less forceful on party choice than the OC was...
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj