Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-03-2001, 01:22 PM   #1
Gauleiter

I speculated a couple days ago at one of ArmageddonX's many questions that multiple Zenmasters /should/ be possible -- the old trick of handing off quest item(s) at the guild so as to retain them and still receive credit /should/ work on the Four Tomes -- but I wasn't yet at that point in the game again to try it.

Well, I just reached that point again and tried it, and IT WORKS! As soon as Catman says "You Carry the Four Tomes..." pass them off to another party member. Though he says he'll make you a Zenmaster "in exchange for the Four Tomes," you haven't any to give! He doesn't seem to mind, so my current three-man party is now composed of THREE ZENMASTERS, and I've still got the books, in case I want more later...

Or do you think that would be overdoing it?
Old 01-03-2001, 05:34 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Not overdoing it at all - I have heard a month or so ago of a 6 zenmaster party, and on the same principle I had a 6 assassin party by abusing the dagger. Of course, the way of getting there doesn't work if you have the patch installed, and I had done that by the time I got all the tomes.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 07:48 PM   #3
Gauleiter

Oops, the patch, uumm, "fixes" that "error", does it? I tried to install the thing, mainly to get rid of the graceful ballet dance every time I click on something, but I can never get the game to load after installing the patch, so I finally gave up on the thing, and just press myself right up next to whatever I click on
Old 01-03-2001, 08:05 PM   #4
Erad

I have but a simple question: If you dont have the patch installed, can you skip these boring speech every time you go to a shop/guild/whatsoever?If yes, Im gonna reinstall the game and play without it.

PS.I havent completed my ninja training and quest at the Sebastios place (love this guy, at least I can go eat somethibg when he gives me a quest ) and accidently clicked on that char..after 2 minutes of speech i was tearing my hair out

My advice: never go back to town unless you have finished all the quests You have been assigned!! or the shopkeppers will try to petrificate you using the words

Erad
Old 01-03-2001, 08:11 PM   #5
Gauleiter

No, it's just like that w/o the patch, Erad. In fact, I was seriously hoping that the patch would give us a "skip speech" button... no luck.

Oh, for guilds, if you already know the speech and don't need to wait until the end you can always just Exit the Guild before he finishes -- so long as you know he's not gonna say something useful
Old 01-03-2001, 08:25 PM   #6
Erad

I CANT exit the guild.I CANT do anything while they speak, and speak, and speak, and.....well, You got the idea everything is frozen till they finish talking.DAMN.

Anyone reading Shaekspere?

"Words, words, words"

Erad
Old 01-03-2001, 09:03 PM   #7
Gauleiter

Oh, I remember reading about the "safety feature" incorporated into the patch, to keep us from missing credit for a quest or information that might be important somehow...

Icky; in the unpatched game, you can just leave whenever you feel like it, so the only time you really need to listen is if you've gotta reply Yes/No at the end of the speech
Old 01-03-2001, 09:52 PM   #8
tritone

Regarding installing the patch, you can do this: notice that when you extract the patch file, it basically replaces several files in your WW directory. Copy or backup the original files the patch intends to replace, and install the patch. If for some reason you ever need to play the old version of the game, just replace the files. I did this because, er... I wanted to keep Adriben's Relic (it makes a good left-hand item for warlocks).

I noticed that speech by the storekeepers scroll faster than in the patched version of the game. Listening to them is much easier now.
Old 01-03-2001, 10:32 PM   #9
Erad

Didnt make backup of these files....damn what does this relic do? When I got, I didnt have ID on high enough level, and when I got to wizards guild to identify it (that was stupid ,i know...) the bastard took it from me

Will saved games from patched version work with unpatched?

Erad
Old 01-04-2001, 12:41 AM   #10
tritone

Adriben's Relic has three +20% protections and +2 to hit, or thereabouts... you see. Plus it looks like a little toy doll in the hands of my pixie warlock!!!!

I found no problems using the new saved games with the pre-patched game. After I, er, "got" the Relic, I repatched again and went about my own business.

You could do a reinstall - a bit drastic though, plus we all know how long WW takes to install...