Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-05-2000, 02:53 PM   #1
Yupsate

I've only been playing the game for a short time, and I'm not used to the interface that this game uses(man, it gets dark sometimes). Anyway, I'm stuck in the Crypt at the beginning of the game. I've read the walkthrough for it that comes with the game, but it doesn't help with the part I'm stuck at. I defeated the Wizard spirit and the Warrior Spirit, and picked up their crystals. The walkthrough says that this allows you to get the Jindols. However, when I entered the room to get it, the staircase compressed into the floor. I'm guessing that the crystal can be used to raise the staircase, but I don't know where to use it. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it, since I know this probably seems like a silly place to get stuck to a lot of you. I must say, I really like the way this game works, it's just to bad I'm not very good at it. Thanks.

Old 11-05-2000, 03:40 PM   #2
RavenW

Its ok, took me about two hours of searching and finally I gave up an searched google for a walkthrough (sorry dont have the page I got one from but type Wizards and Warriors Walkthrough at google.com youll find it in the first set of results and a few links into one of the pages.) Now here's what to do, in those rooms with the stairs that collapse to the right or left of the collapsed stairs on the wall is a receptacle for the crystal, the room to the right is the warriors room, and the one to the left is the wizards room. The stairs will rise when you use either of them in their respective rooms. Now heres the kicker, you can only get one, either the warriors runed idol or the wizards, not both. further into the crypt youll come to a room with two gated doors and two urns, put (Use) the runed figure into its respective urn, again right is warrior, left urn for wizards and one of the gates will open. I took the warriors path, theres a Plate Mail (+1 I think), and a Dragon Shield(?) plus another spirit of the warrior who gives some great xp when killed. Hope this helps!!

Old 11-05-2000, 03:40 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Spoiler
In the rooms with collapsing staircases, look to the side walls. There is a slot to place a crystal and if you use one the other doesn't work. This will "build" one of the stairways up again, leading to a jindol.
Old 11-05-2000, 07:58 PM   #4
Baku
Welcomed New User

Here's how to do _both_ paths!! Scroll down and read the spoiler! I read this on the board and take no credit for it.
Climb up stacked crates to get to the other idol! You can find the crates in nearby
rooms where you found the coffins! Carry them back ( a bit tricky but do-able). It
will take some playing around to stack the crates and then climb them, but it is definitely worth it as you will get more loot and another ankn for your trouble!
Baku