Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
Legolas73
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello everybody,

I have started a new solo game recently. The aim is a Samurai, but I wanted to give him enough levels as Bishop so that he can use all spells up to level 5 (I find that the mage spellbook is rather slim on cloud spells...).

Anyway, I am now travelling the planet to find all the spellbooks on which to put my soon-to-be-swift swordarms. I was excited about reaching Crock's in the swamp, but he just won't get any decent spellbooks. I have rested again and again, and the only things that come up are a Book of Corrosion and a Book of Detection. Nothing of the great 4th level books that he usually sells.

Any idea what might be going wrong? Thanks in advance for any comments!

Cheers,

Legolas73
Legolas73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

I believe that Crock stocks all the good spellbooks when you hit character level 11.

[ 09-27-2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: DraconFighter ]
Old 10-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
xfactor
Dungeon Master

DraconFighter's right. NPC inventories are level-dependent and you'll have to wait to get Crock's good books. Given the number of levels you'll have to wait it may be a good idea to re-evaluate your plan. If you're set on the Bishop levels maybe change to Samurai if you're still some way short of level 11. Having said that, in a solo game you should be getting to at least level 40 even without going to extremes to get XP, so you can probably afford to stay as a Bishop for the boost in spell skills until level 11.

xfactor
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Just use the editor to give yourself whatever spells you want.