Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2004, 05:57 AM   #1
Ragash
The Magister

I'm finally getting around to doing the solo faerie ninja solo. I got a bad start though, because I figured I'd create a faerie character and then simply replace that char with the faerie ninja I'm going to use and purchase starting equipment over again for the two faerie sticks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Problem is I only start with 500 gold, the chest on the beach usually only yields everything from 10 to 50 gold (it seems) and the faerie starting equipment costs 570 gold.

Is there a work-around for this little problem? I could always go ahead and play with the FIRST char until I get 570 gold, but then she'll have stolen a bunch of xp from my primary character. I don't like sharing and I don't like stealing [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ragash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:31 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Save game editor? Either use one to give yourself a little more gold or another faerie stick.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
Ragash
The Magister

Could you point me to one? A URL perhaps?
Old 03-20-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
babar
Manshoon

have you tried creating a fairy ninja, dumping it making your normal fairy, buy that equipment, dump it and then make a new fairy ninja?

there is an excellent editor here:
http://www.geocities.com/grieversnr/
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 04:21 PM   #5
Ragash
The Magister

I really don't follow, sorry [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The editor won't work even with the extra file I had to download, so I guess I'm out of luck.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

so just kill stuff until your bounty totals enough to make up the difference, then switch. It won't be a massive # of XP's, and if you don't level, the respawns will match your new L1 char. Leave the bosses, just do laps in the small labyrinth until you have enough.

Actually, though, i wouldn't worry too much; like Babar said, only thus: Start the game as a non-Faerie Ninja, so you get the better clothes, and then recycle to Faerie and get a stick, and don't worry about dual-wielding immediately--once you get as far as Burz you can buy either a small staff or a Shillelah. (you can sell whatever otherwise useless stuff you find up to then, and the Res Powders from the Safe--solo's have no use for ressurection). That'll be soon enough for your skills, especially if you put stuff to throw in both hands in the meantime. (split your Shuriken/add the Darts you find...)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:19 PM   #7
babar
Manshoon

sorry my mistake. who knew fairy stuff was so expensive. anyway, i was thinking start fairy lord or something to get fairy stuff (free ~570 gp stuff). replace with regular ninja to get ninja garb for 200 something, replace with fairy ninja to have fairy ninja. you only get one stick, but you get the garb.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:03 PM   #8
Argonnes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by babar:
have you tried creating a fairy ninja, dumping it making your normal fairy, buy that equipment, dump it and then make a new fairy ninja?
I think, haven't tried it myself, you can start Faerie Ninja, drop to Faerie Mage, then drop and create Faerie Ninja to pull it off.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:24 PM   #9
babar
Manshoon

no I tried it ... fairy stuff is expensive 570 gp should be the minimum,.

other than using a wiz8 editor, you could import a wiz7 solo, then you would get +5 levels. if you don't like that, you could just recycle her to get a regular lvl1 guy. you could also use a wiz7 editor to get extra sticks prior to import.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:46 PM   #10
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

You'll have another S&W in the Monastery that your FN can use. You don't need to worry about waiting till then to have a S&W in each hand. Your skills will go sky high soon enough.

Worry first about getting your stealth high.