Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'm sure many of you have noticed that the EFU server has been low on players, and I've noticed its empty most of the day. This brings up the question: "Is it worth keeping the server online?" If its empty most of the time, should it be shut down?

I dunno.. If I did shut it down, I'd still work on finishing it and release it sometime--would take a while--but maybe you could get the word out to players of NWN1 to check the EFU server out--get us some more players. That would also give me even MORE incentive to get new levels out, new content, etc..

Just that seeing it empty makes me feel like "why bother".. [img]smile.gif[/img] But I know some times there are lulls in gaming, and stuff.. but maybe try to get the word out on forums and friends to check us out. NWN1 is not done! There's much more life left in it. And it has more functionality than NWN2 does.

Just getting worried.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=8;t=000881

I'll call your attention back to this one again. It still applies. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm having a bad case of meltdown right now. I've been able to largely do nothing else but play NWN's for almost two years, and that sporadically sometimes, and I'm severely burnt out on the game. It's taking a break, toolset included for a bit. Not good to have too much of a good thing right now. Also, I've quit smoking, and it's hard to sit still long enough to play anything really. The upside is that I'll soon have my new gaming rig... My verrrrryyyy upgradeable, bet the gaming industry can't obsolete me for about 2 years rig, and then I'll be forced to upgrade it, but at least it's upgradeable. It's going to be SLI capable "out of the box" even if I don't have both cards just now. So I've got a few things going on, and as soon as I get through this burn phase, I'll be back.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dan, I've been off it for a few months entirely because of work and family committments. Been doing massive overtime and haven't had any free time to romp in the Undermountain...but hope to in a month or so! Been having crash problems with my pc too. We're hoping to pinpoint the problem- might be memory- and fix it up soon.

I say, hang in there and see how it goes. It does seem to cycle up and down and this may just be a lull in the usage!

PS: I can't wait til you release it, so don't stop working on it! I'll have to do something drastic like tell Choc we'll withhold all Fancy Feast til you do! [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img]

[ 04-03-2007, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 04-03-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Our internet crashed hard last week and wasn't fixed until yesterday afternoon. Before that, there were days when the server was populated all day long with no reset (which was both gratifying and annoying, imo).

Keep in mind, it's springtime and for some folks that means getting the gardens tilled and out, animals are birthing, etc. Don't know how many farmers, gardeners or agriculturalists (or people like me who help others with their farms/animals) we may have, but it is something to think about.

For the crowd still in school, it's coming up Finals time. They're cramming like made - and need the release that only Smiting the Evil in Undermountain may provide .
Old 04-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would be available to play if I had a party of friends to sign on with me. This year, I've checked into EfU a few times but I was usually the only one there or there was a player or two so far away that I could never have reached them, since I do not have any high level chars.

If a group would like to set a day and time that I can work with, I'll be there.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Garnet got it right. This is probably just a down in the cycle.

We're coming out of hibernation here and there is lots that needs doing outside. Besides, Easter is close. It's a time to see friends and relatives and I for one will be out for a week or two soon.

I will admit that I haven't started any new builds for some while. Mostly 'cos I'm still trying to work out how to solo the Cyric leader without using magic.

I can't say that I have noticed any lack of players. Some weekends there are no resets for hours and packs of people wandering about. And there are usually one or two whenever I log on.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:20 PM   #7
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

It's just slow right now. I've been stuck on mids for a couple weeks and my wife has had major surgury, but everytime I've gone on the server is pretty full and often needs to be reset due to every quest being done. There is usually someone running around everytime I log in.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Hang in there, Z. Today I gave a hand-spinning demo at the school which took me away from Undermountain. Tomorrow I have another 'engagement' which will do the same. And then there's the llama/sheep shearing (I get the llama fleece - expensive fiber! - free [img]smile.gif[/img] for helping)...... and helping friends put in their gardens ...... and the last of the birthing season to be on-call for (when friends call with troubles) and the handspun needing to be worked up for sale .....and ..... and....... and....

*sigh* I need a visit to Undermountain just to escape real life!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #9
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I was going to suggest that a handwoven alpaca or vicuna sweater might persuade Z to keep going.

Then I remembered that Undermountain is in Florida!

D'oh.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Maybe a nice felted (with real wool!) catnip filled mousie for the Almighty Choc?