Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Smiley

The (or after today THOSE) tree(s) that spawn on level 11. Where do they come from? Sometimes they are there, sometimes not. How do you kill them? Should we kill them? (thats the hippy druid in me coming out) what do we do with the timber when we do chop it down? Indeed is there a chainsaw of holymight (+34) available only to druids after the proving ground quest that might do the job? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Thoughts please

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:10 AM   #2
ArmpitLint
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was very suprised tonight when I was able to take one down with a devastating critical. That was the first time that I saw one on level 11, used to always see them on level 10 and I couldn't hurt them with anything.
ArmpitLint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #3
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

I'm impressed, I've yet to lay a single hit on one no matter what I use. They scare me, I like trees but those ones don't like me...

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

We tried everything last night for what seemed like hours.

Guys, does this work?
Electrical....no
Fire....no
Magic.....no
Cold....no
Acid....no
Holy.....no
Dismissing....no
Whalloping.....no
Bludgeoning....no
Poking.....no
Slashing....no
Slicing, Dicing and/or Pureeing....no
Reasoning....no

I don't think anyone even managed to scratch the damned things! Although I admit to going off on my own elsewhere in the map (sometimes the women have to leave the boys to their little games) and finishing one quest and gaining another one for the group.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

...and they left me to die...after blaming me for their unwitting release from whatever corner of invulnerable hell they were hiding in...although I think I managed to get one stuck on the stairs to the creepy temple place...

Anyway, I have seen one damaged, and eventually killed, but the guy was using an on fire axe. I'm wondering if that isn't the secret to their ultimate destruction. Dev Crit will kill anything not immune to critical hits, even if they are immune to the damage type. Not sure why it works, I'm just glad, sometimes, that it does. Unfortunately, my "killing machine" hadn't achieved dev crit during that protracted run and hide battle. Next time, it will be different, as I was hitting them frequently, just for no damage.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Everyone kept asking if an axe would work. I *offered* a Stonefire +8 axe to the cause, but nobody was listening to the short winged gnome.......
Old 09-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

No, she wasn't listening. I agreed to take it, but was stuck in the temple, trying to get away from the one that kept pursuing me, albeit by design.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #8
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

To any above lists add IGMS and Hellball.

I was going to try Harm but the server went down (just as well probably - I don't think it would have worked either).

Weird. I was hitting them a lot but not registering any damage. And they kept coming up as "immune to critical hits".
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
javan
Zhentarim Guard

* The old gnomish mage sits in his study, pouring over his combat logs and scribbled notes*

"Hmmm," he says to no one in particular, "Nature Giants....according to their online display they seem to be an offshoot of Fire Giants... would you believe it? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Too bad I have seemed to have lost my screenshots when my system crashed some time after the fight…”

“While these creatures can be hit (I've done it personally...AC 51)...the damage done is always zero! Let’s see… we’ve tried fire, cold, magical, acid, physical (blunt, piercing, slashing and combinations thereof…), electrical, divine, negative (Harm spells are useless) and sonic damage… all reduced to zero…and the creature is immune to Critical Hits, Sneak Attacks and Knockdown…not good, not good at all…”

“The only thing that kept us alive was its weak attack structure. Since it was so far down Undermountain, only epic adventurers with excellent armor (or armor equivalents) were there. The beast would attack slowly (35/30/25) and hit rarely (natural 20’s) for 17-19 damage.”

“Thorgar (ArmpitLint) managed a Devastating Critical on one later. That creature had an attack sequence beginning with 31, was not immune to criticals/cold/physical damage, suggesting it may be a weaker version of the same creature… we will have to investigate”

“I have tried nearly my entire repertoire of spells to no avail... Energy attacks result in zero damage. They (there were at least 2 Nature Giants) have a strong fortitude save (31) but weak reflex save (16)… mind you, if you can absorb a ground zero Delayed Blast Fireball hit, then you do not need a great reflex save…Too bad I could not test their Will saves…Enchantment is not my strong point… being a great Illusionist does have its limitations:evilhaha:…”

“I think I will have my Dwarvish friend with the tough skin and two-handed axe go down there and do some ‘further testing’ on the creatures.”

“Undermountain is unavailable right now… this will have to wait… later…”

* The dwarf’s was willing to “test” the creatures and the scene closes with the mage sending Durnan a note to expect a large shipment of firewood soon…*
Old 09-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was just getting ready to jump from 12 to 11, with a Dwarven Great Axe Master, to test out a theory I have.