Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-20-2002, 10:32 PM   #11
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
English muffin= Texas toast
Canadian Bacon= ham
Polish Sausage= chorizzo wannabe
German potato salad= 'tater salad

If you have them all at the same time it is called "damn furrin food"
NONONO! 'tater salad is OUR potato salad with potatoes and eggs and mayonnaise and maybe pickle relish...GERMAN potato salad is sliced potatoes and onions (iirc) in a vinegary liquid! YUK! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:51 PM   #12
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

I have no idea what Canadian bacon is... Is it peameal?
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:55 PM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffi0:
I have no idea what Canadian bacon is... Is it peameal?
LOL!! Uhmm...what's peameal???
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:24 PM   #14
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

LOL I think I worded this badly. I meant tell me what the foods names are in the country they get their namesake from (even though it may not really originate from there). So a danish person answers what a cheese danish is called in Denmark and a canadian tells us what the they call canadian bacon in canada etc. Sorry people

[ 11-20-2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 11-20-2002, 11:26 PM   #15
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
LOL I think I worded this badly. I meant tell me what the foods names are in the country they get their namesake from (even though it may not really originate from there). So a danish person answers what a cheese danish is called in Denmark and a canadian tells us what the they call canadian bacon in canada etc. Sorry people
I knew what you meant...I'm just a smartass. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 11:38 PM   #16
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Kiwifruits don't actually come from kiwis
And over here they're called zespris [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 11:54 PM   #17
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I dont know anyone like that [img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 11:57 PM   #18
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I dont know anyone like that [img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I'm sure you don't...