Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Hey guys. Trying a new party and maybe a new build for party. Here's what I started with:

Dracon Ranger (3 levs)
Faerie Ninja
Faerie Mage (3 levs)
Dwarf Priest

I switched the ranger to rogue and the mage to samurai at lev 3. By doing this: we can find things at the beginning much better than with no ranger find ability. Found new stones, etc. I do not normally find these wo ranger.

Got missle shield and enchanted blade real early (lev 3 for mage, lev 2 casting). Somehow the points for her went up to allow lev 3 protections even tho sam had no magic talent for 4 more levs. That was weird.

My main point was to start a rogue as ranger. Seems to help.

P.S. Got 2 poison crab shells in case I can get armor for 2 faeries. May not need this, the ninja can wear ninja stuff later.

[ 09-11-2005, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 09-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

Hey Baltimore. I'm in College Park. A Ninja can't wear the Zynaryx Plate anyway, so not to worry.

I too like to let my Samurai start as a Mage if I'm going to go for Power Cast. I've never tired it with a Faerie, though. I'm sure we'll all like to hear how it works out.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
DraconFighter
Dungeon Master

Also should mention that there's a way to get the Ninja garb for your Faerie Ninja right at the start of the game. I think you start as a Faerie Ninja, put all her items in party inventory, switch to a Human Ninja and buy the garb, putting the items again into party inventory, then switch back to the Faerie.

I think if you start as a Human Ninja, then try to buy the Faerie items, you don't have enough cash. It has been awhile since I tried this, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But it is nice to start with both the Ninja garb and the Faerie stick.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Dracon, sorry it took so long to say something. With this site, if you don't login in using the right order (i.e., login first) you get lost in some limbo when you try to login later...

For the rest of the crew: I know about getting Ninja armor early. There is even an easier way that costs nothing. You start out as another race Ninja such as Human. Then drop the person immediately and add a new Fairie. You keep the armor and don't buy the gossamer stuff offered. For some reason I didn't do that this time.

I started the Sam Maselda (after her Mage stint) with arrows from the back row because I always wanted to have a shooting Sam. It's up to 20 ranged now. Not great but respectable. I still have to force her to do a magic every long battle or so to build that up. I moved her up to get some sword but she seems to be a clobber magnet. Sometime I have to do an Angel on her before I can even cast Bless. Fairie Sams are a challenge as much as a Ninja but they do pay off later... much later.

Has anyone had luck developing a ranged/magical/meleeing Samurai?

[ 09-15-2005, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 09-15-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
babar
Manshoon

I don't know about ranged/magical/meleeing Samurai, but I'm going to give mine 1 level of Bishop to get all the spells ... well at least levels 1-5 (DS mod) and then some major butt kicking will commence.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:36 AM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I'm still doing Flamestrike's mod. It works for me. Although it plugs some holes in weapons and armor for classes, some may think it is too easy for doing that. I think she was balancing, but over the top in some ways. Some of these weapons are too good (falchion, demon 2nd hand sword, etc.). I will try DS version later.

This game is so good. you hsve to try to get a life around it. So to speak. My 2 centavos.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #7
babar
Manshoon

I never finished Flamestrykes mod (I had version .4b or something) ... I agree it was easy but the items made it fun (I got a priest staff early, which helped a lot, I think that was fixed in .4d). Uunfortunately I didn't have a ranger for searching and casting detect was boring and then I had some problems with the computer that it was on.

I am still working on finishing DS mod ... I got to work up the guts to go to a certain area where the combat is long and hard. Right when you think you're cruising along, you really get smacked down to earth in this mod.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote