Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Roboghost
Manshoon

When playing an evil party, ones reputation can't get over 18 or some leave (even though my PC has a 19 charisma.) Does anybody have suggestions who to kill to drop it down for the next round of reputation raising quests?

I'm playing it like this:
Get party's reputation up to 18 and then go shopping. Rinse and repeat (only going to do this a few times -- obviously since you only get so many reputation quests in the game.) I know that Drizzt Do'Urden would be the number one choice for most people, but if one decides to skip him, then what? I'm aware of the incremental method of robbing a house in Beregost and tell off the guard to stuff it. There is one problem with this for me: I don't have a locksmith just now. I'm going to dual one over and then go rob everyone in one big sweep later on. I don't want anyone hostile when I go do this. I suppose I could get my mage to charm them -- thus not using any overpowered items to do the deed...

The first person I terminated was the rare potions merchant at the Nashkel Carnival. Wonderful backstab fun -- he so exploded. He has some chests to rob and nets over 400 gold when you plunder his dead body.

Current evil team:
Human Fighter (PC) (True Neutral)
Kagain
Viconia
MC Montaron (Traps / Pickpocket)
DC Shar-Teel (Locks)
Xzar
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Well, just bash a chest to open it. The game doesn't call the gaurds when you use your lock picks; only when you take things out of the chest/open it.

Good luck!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #3
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Can't you just kill a random civilian? I, personally, prefer to roleplay something like that...by killing the next noble that insults me.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
Roboghost
Manshoon

Bashing...

It isn't always quite as successful as picking the lock and when you grab the loot to run out -- it's usually necessary to go stealth so one doesn’t have to deal with the troops! My PC has the 18/00 strength (of course), but he can't duck for cover too well being a fighter and all [preferring to fight his way out of most situations.] Note that I also consider it too much of a nuisance for the party's mage to knock knock all the locks as well. Thanks for input though.

Here's my human fighter PC's roll (kind of Minsc-like - dumber but wiser but oh so charming):
18/00 18 18 6 8 18
Old 01-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #5
Roboghost
Manshoon

Random killing...

I'm actually rollplaying true neutral with my PC. I'm on the lookout for the rich to give to the poor to make everyone even. Since I'm the party leader with brute strength, my evil band has to listen to me or else : )