Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #21
Finn
The Magister

<font color="cyan">Thanks for the info Morgeruat. I'll be sure to check it out. However, I doubt there will be any magic dust that casts Dimension Door when sprinkled around(in one scene from the D&D movie).</font color>
Old 10-24-2002, 12:16 PM   #22
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

what were thos ebeholders made of? Cardboard and Styrofoam? Honestly, if they used CG on the dragons coudln't they have done the same with the beholdes? or was their budget just running low?
Old 10-24-2002, 12:46 PM   #23
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

<font color="plum">Greetings, <font color="gold">Sythe</font>.

If you have just recently developed an interest in D&D, then you might enjoy it. I think it was designed with a lot of 3rd Edition rules in mind.

I'm an "old-timer" - strictly 1st Edition type-of-guy. I've been gaming for about 15 years, so I had pretty high hopes for the movie. While I was generally disappointed with the movie overall, there WERE a few parts that I felt were excellent and well done.

One "thumbs up" were the "fights" between the main character (thief) and the one of the main henchmen (fighter). As the fight progressed, the fighter would gain a definite advantage, which holds true to the rules. There were other bright areas and an equal number of very "not bright" areas.

I won't "spoil" those (unless you ask). My suggestion...for $4.00 bucks, why not? It is no more mindless than your average Steven Segall or Van Damme movie..and like those, it provides short-term, no brainer entertainment.</font>
Old 10-26-2002, 08:44 PM   #24
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The taget audience was not the D&D players, it was the people who knew nothing od D&D. They just wanted to show and explain D&D a little.

Like the part where the "stupid" thief ask the elf's age saying something like this:

thief"hey! we could go out! I know you are older than me, but I could always take an aging potion!"
elf:"I am 200 years old..."
thief:"ew.... I don't want to age that much!"

You see, the way they are showing it is false. She might be 200 years old, but she is not mentally or physically older than him, she is just a young adult. They just said what they did, to show the people that don't know D&D, that elf where living longer.

There are a lot of things like that in the movie, and that is what disapoint me.

When I went to saw the movie, I thought they made a movie for ME. Not for the poeple who don't know what D&d is. That being said, I still enjoyed the movie, and still watch it from time to time.

[ 10-26-2002, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 11-01-2002, 04:59 AM   #25
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Back to the ending, what actually happened? They were at Snails' grave, one of them said, "Let's go see Snails", they turned into weird glowing ruby things, and flew away. Huh? What? How? Why? Please... someone... explain...
Old 11-01-2002, 06:03 AM   #26
Finn
The Magister

<font color="cyan">They were probably trying to imply that Snails wasn't exactly dead. Notice that his name on the little grave marker stone disapearing. Then they all get turned into glowing wisps and probably head on off to find Snails. As someone said before on this forum, kinda like a "Search for Spock"(ala Star Trek) thing. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font color>
Old 11-04-2002, 01:07 AM   #27
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

How could Snails not be dead? He was hacked up by that evil dude! *sigh* I guess we'll never know...
Old 11-04-2002, 06:32 AM   #28
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pcgiant:
How could Snails not be dead? He was hacked up by that evil dude! *sigh* I guess we'll never know...
It's called resurection...
Old 11-04-2002, 10:45 PM   #29
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

And right before they turn in to wisps the elf says "Do not question your gift" ....because the director has no answer
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:11 AM   #30
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

It just doesn't make any sense; resurrection. How come they turned into ruby things if he was resurrected? Why couldn't they have just... you know, gone and visited him at home or whatever? By walking, without turning into those stupid things.