Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
quietman1920

I'm really pissed at this. I don't ask much of TV and I use the sponsors products if I like the show. The ratings would have been Stellar, had the stupid chimps in UPN programing stopped moving its timeslot. Does anyone know of any website or movement to bring it back? (Sci-Fi channel would be the perfect vehicle...)

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=467718
Old 02-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
Spirits forever

hahahahahaha....this is what i read the title as

"Un Destroys enterprise"....how do we retaliate...

and i'm like wow...a serious thing..but what the heck is "enterprise" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Star Trek cra-I mean, series. Or, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. And, qm, do you really buy the products from the commercials? I dunno if I would go that far to support a show, but whatever floats your boat, lol! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Dude, I saw one episode of that show and nearly hurled my guts out. It was terrible. Maybe I was overly hasty in writing it off, but seriously, it was just bad, bad, cliched sci fi. It was the 'Dungeons and Dragons movie' of sci fi TV. Let it die, and stay dead... and maybe chuck some lye on it, just to be safe.

The only good thing to come from Scott Bakula was his small part as one of the gay neighbours in 'American Beauty'...

Of course, I've never really been a Star Trek fan anyway.... so maybe I'm fatally biased right from the word go.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

It's fourth generation Trek - read that as "really, REALLY, bad hackneyed regurgitated SF". Berman and friends are just milking the franchise dry...

The only redeeming feature of that show is T'Pol.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Enterprise was what turned me off Star Trek. After years of being so hard core that I nearly had everything Star Trek (even comm badges, lol!) it just killed it for me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Let it die, I say.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:40 PM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i dont mind watching enterprise.. since they are fairly low technology.. kinda interesting how they survive without transporters heh

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 PM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I used to HATE Star Trek...I would refuse to watch any of the movies/episodes, untill I watched Enterprise, I loved it, sure it wasnt THE best show around, but there was something about it that I clung too [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I googled & found this site:
http://www.saveenterprise.com/

Good luck -- I think you're gonna need it!

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

Honestly, I watched some of the newer episodes (after abandoning the series after the first few episodes in the first season). They were better than the first season, but I still didn't think the series was all that great. I would have rather watched reruns of one of the other series than watch Enterprise.

It does surprise me that they are cancelling the show. Not so much because of the series itself, since it really has not been that great. It's just that UPN really has nothing else other than Smackdown. They have pretty much the most pathetic lineup I've seen on a network in a long time. CNBC is almost more entertaining than a UPN with Enterprise.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote