Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Mark my word if I ever step foot in Irvine California, I will not leave it until the HQ of Blizzard Entertainment is in flames.

I absolutely hate that game.
I would be interested in hearing why SecMas. I've had two good friends independently write to me about very negative feelings about it.

What's your experience?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yorick, i'll say this only once.....stay clear from that WoW crap.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:17 AM   #13
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Play it for a while and see for yourself. I wholly agree with Luvian about this game.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:44 AM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Not you too kakero? They got to you huh

Best MMO out there today. No other MMO compares.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #15
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I don't understand the WoW-hate really. The way I work is if I don't like a game I avoid it and forget it eventually. This thread you may find informative, but i'd read the full thing.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...;f=32;t=000399
Old 12-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
Lucern
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:

That's kinda the problem as I see it SpiritWarrior. It's not the game. The game is fine. I had fun with it for a couple of months. It's most certainly an evolution on the whole MMORPG thing. Nothing revolutionary here in the least imo.

However, the game is HUGE. I don't mean Azeroth. Millions of players are on it simultaneously. In industry terms, it would seem revolutionary. But why is it? What I don't like about WoW has little to do with WoW: it has to do with all of the future MMORPGs that will be produced in the same form we've seen since EQ 1. You go in as a noob, you grind or do quests that amount to grinding, all in a static theme park with monthly passes. You go to diffrent areas in the theme park as you're deemed worthy, seeing all the park's mascots and doing the rides (er, quests). You might meet some cool people along the way, which is the only thing that kept me playing after the first week or so. WoW is the top notch of the first generation of MMORPGs in terms of its success. The game's extraordinary popularity makes me fear for future developments in the genre, if just making a really good cookie in the same old mold can be so successful.

There is unique gameplay to be had in the idiosyncracies of the game's mechanics: the perfectly timed skills and strategized builds and so forth, but that's not a game you get to know about until very late. Some people really get into it. I'm ready to have my friends back to playing other games, to not have to hear agonizing MMORPG stories, and for the next thing in large scale gaming to put this all behind us (and bring a host of new complaints ).
Old 12-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #17
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:

Games should be played for fun imo, but when it started to feel like a chore. Better stop there before it consume your life.

I agree with you though, WOW is the best mmog out there that I have ever played.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:32 AM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'm in WOW-- playing on the Argent Dawn US Server. Enjoying the Christmas time goodies again! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Did you see All Hallows Eve Yorick? For a week or so around Halloween, they deck out the cities with Halloween stuff, and you get tricks and treats--really cool stuff..

The people that hate it may be burnt out from it--played it too much, or got too into the raids and stuff.. I personally just like questing with friends I meet. I'm not a stats nut like some, needing to have all the best armors/purples and such.. I have never run a dungeon over and over to get a certain 'drop'.. Just silly.. When it becomes a JOB, it's no longer fun, and loads of people are stat nuts, and are too into that stuff. It'll burn ya out.

I'm a casual player.. heh, I've got my Mage to level 58 now, and have been 58 for 3 Months. (Haven't played much lately).

Still fun though..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 12-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #19
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well said. The casual play is a great way to never tire of the world because the content far outweighs the level of advancement. In a way it just keeps giving.

I like the Hallows Eve stuff best to be honest. There is something about seeing Brill all decked out in pumpkins...
Old 12-24-2006, 04:32 AM   #20
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh yeah, Hallows Eve is the best! And the tricks and stuff you get. The apples and costumes are fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]

We had a 2nd annual massive meeting/party in Darkshire. Was really fun!!

I TOTALLY love the artwork of WOW. It's perfect. Simply perfect. All the art matches, and the hues are very cool. The Lighting Engine is great too. Just walking through Goldshire's forest and looking up at the lighting off the trees makes you want to be there in real life.. So tranquil. THEN A BANDIT breaks the mood! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Closed Thread