Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-14-2004, 07:28 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Things to Ponder

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny >for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

If you drink Pepsi at work in the Coke factory, will they fire you?

Why are you IN a movie, but you are ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 01-14-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] Very clever. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
Skippy1
Elminster

Jack Dee once asked on an ad on TV "Have you ever wondered what a widgit looks like?" Then he said, "Then your a very sad person!"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0214177/bio
Old 01-14-2004, 03:42 PM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

hmmm...ill have to think on those

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 01-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
hmmm...ill have to think on those
Yeah, you get back to us when you get an answer to all of 'em! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Another one for the list, Arvon:

"If swimming makes you thinner, then why are whales so fat?"
Old 01-14-2004, 05:07 PM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Don't flame me for this but, this is the worst 'funny thread' Arvon has put up ever @ IW....
None of them remotely peeked my interest, while normally Arvon's threads crack me up. Maybe because they are easily answered through common sense? It's like that commercial for 'white beer': if I won't pay a fortune teller, will she see me in the first place? I don't like it....
Old 01-14-2004, 06:32 PM   #7
GForce

OK. I'm going to attempt to answer these:

Can you cry under water? Yes. Just cry first then dunk your head in the water.

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered? Good question. I guess only VIPs according to the media which I don't give a hoot about.

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches? Leafless branches.

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round? Because the meatmaker is round. The breadmaker is square.

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny >for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to? Cost of production.

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity? Not possible. Clothes are physical not etheric.

Why does a round pizza come in a square box? Its easier to make square boxes.

What did cured ham actually have? Mad pig disease.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage? really? I didn't know that.

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours? That's exactly what they meant. At least that's what I mean when I say that.

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing? Huh?

If you drink Pepsi at work in the Coke factory, will they fire you? Tell them you're doing a taste test.

Why are you IN a movie, but you are ON TV? Skip.

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground? Only if the ground things are far away.

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America? Because Americans have more beautiful people then ugly ones.

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway. Ugh this a tuffy. I'll ask next time.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call? If she's at work, then her co-worker.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural? Well bras is plural and panty is singular. Right?

Old 01-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #8
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

Don't flame me for this but, this is the worst 'funny thread' Arvon has put up ever @ IW....
None of them remotely peeked my interest, while normally Arvon's threads crack me up. Maybe because they are easily answered through common sense? It's like that commercial for 'white beer': if I won't pay a fortune teller, will she see me in the first place? I don't like it....
it's "piqued." [img]tongue.gif[/img]

and, Gforce... No. Just, no. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And, I for one, really liked it Arvon, keep it up! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #9
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

LOL, GeForce, some of those answers made me laugh..."Taste Test", honestly...but you can't cry underwater becuase you need to take breaths to cry, and you can't underwater.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #10
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I liked those. I myself have often wondered two things:

Why is abbreviation such a long word?

And

If you tie a piece of buttered toast to a cat's back and drop the cat off the table, which way up does it land?