Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-08-2002, 12:02 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

THREE TIMES NOW, he is playing on my bed with a 'fruit box' straw, and the straw fell off the bed, and he went down, found it, and put it in his mouth and jumped back up on the bed, and dropped it on the bed, and continued playing!! 4 TIMES NOW!! *FAR AWAY NOW* this time! Holy crap.. (Remember folks, he is blind). Totally FREAKING amazing.. he's done with with a twist-tie in the livingroom floor, but only to bring it 'to the middle' of the floor (so he has room to wig out)..

He'll do this again.. I'm gonna get my camcorder (if it still has a working battery) and film this and convert it to streaming video.. your jaw will drop. EXTREMELY high intelligence.. heh.. cool!

[img]graemlins/choc2.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-08-2002, 12:07 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

AWWWW! That's amazing, Dan! He must have a great sense of smell!

Smoochies to Choc! [img]smile.gif[/img] He's a beautiful AND talented kitty!

Cloudy [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2002, 12:15 AM   #3
cemius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool cat! [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] Better than any dog
Old 02-08-2002, 12:21 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by cemius:
Cool cat! [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] Better than any dog

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] THAT'S what I was thinking of.. like a Dog picking up a stick, and bringing it back.. totally cool.. I just stood there watching him, in awe... He's m'boy!

Attack of the cat heads!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/kitty1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kitty2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kitty3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kitty4.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kitty5.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kitty6.gif[/img] (Those are not mine.. just Minions of Choc)

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 02-08-2002, 12:23 AM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Awe Ziroc that's so sweet. I was reading it and thinking gee Ziroc gets excited about some strange things, but then I realised that Choc's blind... That is pretty smart [img]smile.gif[/img] . My kitty hardly ever plays, and she's only just turned one. She's more a hunter, which is a shame because she's not allowed outside, or actually a blessing really, I'd hate to think of all the wildlife she'd kill. She doesn't purr either... she's actually lucky I love her so much or she'd be back to the breeder for a refund!
Old 02-08-2002, 12:31 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Awe Ziroc that's so sweet. I was reading it and thinking gee Ziroc gets excited about some strange things, but then I realised that Choc's blind... That is pretty smart [img]smile.gif[/img] . My kitty hardly ever plays, and she's only just turned one. She's more a hunter, which is a shame because she's not allowed outside, or actually a blessing really, I'd hate to think of all the wildlife she'd kill. She doesn't purr either... she's actually lucky I love her so much or she'd be back to the breeder for a refund!

[img]smile.gif[/img] , yeah, Choc is a WILD cat.. I mean GEEZ.. He gets SO rilled up, he'll bump his head into the Chair sometimes.. (It's padded) [img]smile.gif[/img] .. I was shocked though, when I got him, I didn't expect a blind cat to be this frisky.. And if I play with him, and then leave him to play alone, he comes in my PC room and meows.. DEEP meows.. looking up at me like 'I'm not DONE with you yet, human toy' hehe..

I don't know if he played before I got him--We got him when he was 5. he'll be 9 this year. but I MAY have gotten him into playing.. I just feel that it must be boring not to see, so to kinda make his life happy, I play a lot with him. He does love it.. -- and Hunts too.. but bugs.. lol, I'll find him in a corner, and he has a beetle or bug on it's back.. hehe.. RARE though, we don't get bugs much.

Old 02-08-2002, 12:33 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Yes, cats are relatively unnafected by human breeding, and thus retain almost all of the intelligance of the wild variety. If they cant use one sense, they will improvise... this is one of the best examples of such that I have ever come across (if not the best)
Old 02-08-2002, 03:28 AM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Now all can see how cats are the superior pets!!!!!!!
[EVIL LAUGHTER REPO'D]

Anyway, unfortunately one of our cats is getting alittle old, and rarely hunts, just watches birds from inside, or it may have something to do with the fact he is quite a large cat.
Our other one though!! Now she is a huntress, we often see dead birds and such, she even chases off cats twice her size, and she's really quite smalll.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:42 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Now all can see how cats are the superior pets!!!!!!!
[EVIL LAUGHTER REPO'D]

Anyway, unfortunately one of our cats is getting alittle old, and rarely hunts, just watches birds from inside, or it may have something to do with the fact he is quite a large cat.
Our other one though!! Now she is a huntress, we often see dead birds and such, she even chases off cats twice her size, and she's really quite smalll.

Where I live, we cant let our cats outside... they arent native to any environment like that of Australia, and cause alot of damage just trying to survive . Our 4 are all fed from tins... (we get the best available in our area for them ofcourse)... ignorance is bliss, they say...

BTW- im interested in what type of cat everyone has... so can people post their cats breeds here ?? I think it would be quite interesting...

Our 4... We have a Siamese Brittish Seal point (simaese are the ones with a deep miaow... usually. Brittish Seal point are those with brown and black/brown fur), a siamese Lylic point (she has a high miaow for some reason... Lylic points have off-white, and grey), a Ginger, and a pure white kitten. All of them are ofcourse, very cute.

Ziroc- about Choc banging his head against the loungue... our siamese do that aswell... I think it may be the siamese personality... choc does look alot like a brittish seal point, possibly crossed with something else... with a tiny bit of the second breed showing through. Back on topic... I think it may be a cry for attention, such as a little routine added to rubbing against your leg.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:49 AM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Choc is such a cool cat [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish I had a cat like him.