Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 01:20 PM   #11
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Dungeons of Daggorath.. I don't think I've heard of that one! I used to have an old CoCo2.. the first one, so it was pretty scary. I remember painting all of the keys on the keyboard with glitter paint for some absurd reason.. remember the "rainbow" magazine, I think it was, that had all of the "one-liner" programs? They expanded it to 2-liners, eventually, because it allowed for so much more flexibility I was always amazed what people could do with 2 lines of code.. more than I could do with 50, most of the time, heh. I also remember desparately wanting a CoCo (was it Coco128?) because it could run the wargame construction kit.. hmm

No, I don't think I ever lost a gf over a computer.. with my best relationship ever, she would sleep in until noon on weekends.. so I would get up at 9:30, program until 11:59, then "slip" back into bed. Hehehe
Old 11-20-2000, 05:10 PM   #12
Rellal

I guess it's time to come out of the shadows of reading the msg board.

Master of magic does have a successor... although not quite as good in my opinion... "Age of Wonders" by Epic and published by GOD games. Not a bad game in my opinion... just not quite MOM2 like I was hoping. They did a great job in making the game... take a look if you enjoyed MOM.

Dungeons of Daggorath... my very first experience in computer gaming... totally loved the game.. although it was as hard as hell. Ahhh the good old days of TRS 80. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who played those old and forgotten classics. For those who dont know about the 16K ram Tandy system's they were the biggest paper weights on the market till the Vic 20 was released. Horrible horible games in a side loading cartridge and saved on a tape recording machine. Takes me back to remember trying to load my save games from the tape... man what a pain. For those who have played the game how did you ever get past those knight's on lvl 3 or 4 I think it was... memory fades after 20 some years

I remember frantically typing "a-r" i think was the command for Attack right or "a-l" for a left attack.... the rest is a blur.

Thanks for the trip through memory lane.

Old 11-20-2000, 05:21 PM   #13
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ah, Age of Wonders! I tried to like it, I really did, because it incorporated a lot of MOM's elements.. in the end, though, I couldn't because of 1) the tiny, tiny charcters (even on my 19" monitor, in 640x480, the elemental beasts look like a tiny brown smudge) and 2) the inability to make your own towns. That's why I had such a hard time warming to it (as well as the HOMM series)) ..my favorite part of CIV and MOM was slowly expanding my empire, accessing the maximum potential of the surrounding areas for city growth, sending my delicate settlers out into forbidden wilds to start a new outpost.

Still, I found AOW for $15 in a bargain bin.. soon I shall pick it up, when I finally can't stand to load up the original MoM anymore *lol*
Old 11-20-2000, 06:35 PM   #14
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Rellal,

Another one of us is out there! Actually, type the DoD name into a search engine, there is a very nostalgic guy out there with a DoD site!

So far, there are only 21 people (counting me as of today) that have said to have finished that game...and I bet some used his walkthrough.

Check out the site, though his approach was different than mine...I used a cassette to save and got really lucky. Talk about hard...but certainly fun!

Another old favourite was called "Mail Order Monsters" for the C 64. Anyone remember this? Truly a great game....my friend and would sit for days on end and kill each other...loads of fun. At least on this one we had 5" disks...no more cassette saves!

Scronan
Old 11-20-2000, 07:02 PM   #15
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ah, how about Little Computer People? Still remember that one... hmm..
Old 11-20-2000, 07:05 PM   #16
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Just for some nice painful nostalgia....