Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Good Morning Everybody! I thought the Cafe could use a fresh start for the weekend! I know some of you are already into the weekend so here you go, a new Cafe to hang out in!

It's only partly cloudy with a chance of rain here and I'm hoping that it won't rain tomorrow because we're planning a barbecue at home... only the second time we'll have grilled anything since we got the gas grill out earlier this season. It's been raining every other time we planned to cook out!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:38 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Good evning guys. I just realised that I haven't posted on IW for a long long time. Anyway shcool is coming to it's end. I have a sprained ankle but it's getting better. I still have some exams (3 I think) to pass and I am finished.
Apart from your post the day before this one and the posts the day before that LOL how do you define a "long long time" Xen?

Sigmar! You will probably miss this post but best wishes on your exams anyhow. I hope you pass and become a Mancunian

Johnny, that match was fantastic, will Liverpool be allowed into next years cup? I cannot believe that according to the current rules they will not be allowed to defend their title!

Lady Z I love those game updates. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] But does anyone else get annoyed when they make dragons easy to kill (like IWD I/II) I must be an old bastard cos' in my day Dragons where the ultimate D&D monster (pen and paper)

Clouds I hope you looked after Nacht on his birthday
[/QUOTE]Hi Wellard! Hehe....no worries there, he had a very nice birthday! And we went out to dinner last night. A friend took us out as a gift for Nacht's birthday. He got to have prime rib which he really likes and never gets to make at home (too darned expensive! LOL ).

LZ, keep the updates coming, it's cool to see them and sometimes you get me interested in replaying a game or even starting one (like Dungeon Siege) when I see the pics and hear you guys talking about the games here!

LOL, Wellard, I didn't find the dragons in IWD2 very easy at all! In fact the !$!$#$3 black one is why I haven't finished IWD2-just stalled at trying to eradicate the beastie and he gets me and my party first every time I try!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

WOOT First post after Cloudy!

Just finished playing Guildwars and am heading off to bed. Got to take the dog to the vet to get some needles tomorrow. Then have a heap of stuff to do in the back yard.

Hoping to get some time in EfU this weekend. I feel slack as I've gotten into Guildwars and havn't had to much time to play EfU or help Z out with some ol fashioned Bug hunting.

Well everyone I'm off to bed.

Nite!

[ 05-27-2005, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 05-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Bah .... missed out, curse that TDC [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Got to be up at 4:30am tomorrow for work so the fact that its now 5 mins to midnight means "time for bed" [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

*puts on the coffee for all the American cafe dwellers just waking up*

Good night everyone [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Zzzzz

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Hello... damn cafe changes... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I have the school swimming gala tomorrow... I been training hard the last week... who says that you can't do everythin last minute? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Course... I'm going to be spending all of tomorrow morning running around in a Speedo :S

Ah well... early night for me tonight

Edit: Yay! Drizz't!

[ 05-27-2005, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Callum ]
Old 05-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HAHA... well then, we need pics, Callum! Post a few at Stealthy's!
Old 05-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Wellard, Liverpool are not allowed in next year's edition of the CL, the UEFA has decided it yesterday. In a way i can understand their decision, they should have played better in their own league, simple. But the champion who isn't allowed to defend it's title doesn't make much sense either.

So Liverpool will be playing in the Uefacup with the rest of the teams that weren't good enough, Feyenoord being among them.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #10
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Wellard, Liverpool are not allowed in next year's edition of the CL, the UEFA has decided it yesterday. In a way i can understand their decision, they should have played better in their own league, simple. But the champion who isn't allowed to defend it's title doesn't make much sense either.

So Liverpool will be playing in the Uefacup with the rest of the teams that weren't good enough, Feyenoord being among them.
The Boro are good enough, but we chose not to play in the CL

There was something in the paper today (not sure which one) about TLC or some other Welsh thing asking Liverpool to take part in a mini tournament as a back-door entrance to the CL, don't think UEFA allowed it though.