Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

poke

Edit: First post. Woo. Not done that in a while.

Anyway, how are all you guys? It's been a while since I last stopped by in the cafe. Not that I've been up to much, just working and stuff. Although, today is my seven month aniversary with the gf... [img]tongue.gif[/img] , but hey. What've the rest of you been up to?

[ 02-20-2005, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Not much Calaethis, just about to have my one month anniversary with my girlfriend tomorrow. Should be a good day I think, just went to see Constatine today, good movie, although they could've picked other actors for the roles.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aww, happy one month anniversary, Gangrell. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My day's been fairly busy and I didn't get to watch a movie. Was thinking of renting one on the cable. Been busy but all in all a very nice day! Now if only the weather would cooperate. I heard we may get snow tomorrow. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I've not seen Constantine - is it any good? I mean, I know you said "good movie", but is it worth going out to see? From the previews... it didn't look all that great to be honest. It looked very... typical heaven/hell/one man saves the world kinda thing. And congrats on your one month [img]smile.gif[/img] . Heh -- I rang the girlfriend - who is currently in Canada from 7:45 until 11:20... it is going to be one heck of a phone bill. Worth it though .

It also seems that I beat even Cloudy to "first post". Nyah [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I am a philosophical sort so I enjoyed the plot of the movie, plus the special effects were pretty good. But yeah, it's worth going to see, don't pay attention to the critics, their reasons for not seeing it were a bit crap.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

Heh it's midnight here, I just got home from work, there is a thick fog outside, I mean I can hardly see the houses across the street, but otherwiese the weather is awesome completly still, perfect weather for lovers to take a walk in... if only I had one... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
don't pay attention to the critics, their reasons for not seeing it were a bit crap.
I never do . I don't even bother to read their reviews - most of what they say is crap anyway Hmm, maybe I will go to see it after all.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

We might get some snow tonight, but it's 39F so I'm skeptical. I am pretty much tired of cold and snow now LOL, look forward to spring soon!

Been Dungeon Siegin it again tonight. Ran into another new monster I haven't seen before, a Lava Beast. LOL it reminds me of a firey version of the rock monster in The Neverending Story:

And yes, I posted this in the other Cafe too, cause I didn't realize a new one had been made, doh! This is the second time I've done this now, I must be losing it I guess. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote