Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 07:25 AM   #141
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

I won't get in to the homosexual debate, but just a little reference to the "evil people" side debate..
If the characteristics for some evil men is to kill someone, then wouldn't soldiers be considered the most evil people on earth?
But they aren't, so we can say that a person is never evil just doing evil things, as Axil said..
Old 01-13-2002, 05:37 PM   #142
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Who knows for sure there are no homosexuals in forgotten realms. For all we know Elminster could be in the closet!

After extensive reading of Ed Greenwoods stuff, I happen to know El has been both man and woman on several; occasions...altho no one ever said he took a male lover while a woman..Personally I think he was lesbian in those cases....Hmm maybe I should dash off a letter to Ed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2002, 12:54 PM   #143
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

I am surprised that you really believe that my comments have no meaning.

What are you talking about? As per my previous post, I agreed with you. Or were you reading somebody else's post when you quoted mine?

Old 01-15-2002, 05:33 AM   #144
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:

I have quite a few homorsexual friends, and I never say thing and we're in good relations. But deep inside, I always disagree with their views on relationship.

Durwyn, you mean you haven't told these "friends" that you think they are evil and despicable and sinners? Wow, I think we have a bit of a different definition of the word FRIENDSHIP. I for one would NEVER accept someone as a friend who despised me because I am a woman, or white, or heterosexual. So I don't see why they should accept as a friend someone who condemns them for a single aspect of their personality. And if they don't know your feelings about this, how can you even call yourself their friend?
*stunned*

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

Hence Tobbin's comments about society itself being poop

Tobbin, if he had meant your comments were "poop", he would have phrased it as "Hence Tobbin's comments about society itself ARE poop". That's the correct way to do it in English, right?
At least, that's what I as non-native speaker have always thought.
So it was just a misunderstanding I think [img]smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Man anyways whats a Homosexual topic doing in a Dungeon and Dragons forum?

Um, Durwyn: this is the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of a GAMING (not D&D) forum. Therefore, pretty much anything goes: friendly chatting, posts about whatever interests us, and some serious discussions as well. And AFAIK, the topic isn't homosexual (unless it's still in the closet), we're merely discussing homosexuality in it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Old 01-15-2002, 05:45 AM   #145
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Who knows for sure there are no homosexuals in forgotten realms. For all we know Elminster could be in the closet!

Hmmm..... bets on who hes in the closet with????? Im putting $20 on Volo.... and all the crap they give each other is just a cover-up [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 05:52 AM   #146
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:

Hmmm..... bets on who hes in the closet with????? Im putting $20 on Volo.... and all the crap they give each other is just a cover-up [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

*giggles*
I once read a Jerry Springer parody online where Drizzt and Artemis Entreri had a secret affair... then it turned out it was a love triangle involving Jarlalxle [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 07:34 AM   #147
Tobbin
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

What are you talking about? As per my previous post, I agreed with you. Or were you reading somebody else's post when you quoted mine?

Just ignore me. I've had a cold the last week and a half. I think I read that one line out of context. Like I was saying before, I apologize for bringing it up. It's just a touchy subject about Ronnie is all. For those in the know, this is Julie's son. In many ways, I have THOUGHT of him as the son I don't have. It just kind of hurts that he goes through so much and there isn't anything I can do. Anyways, I'm going to back out for a bit. This thread hits home a little too much for me.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:38 AM   #148
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

*giggles*
I once read a Jerry Springer parody online where Drizzt and Artemis Entreri had a secret affair... then it turned out it was a love triangle involving Jarlalxle [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

LOL

hmmm.... Im having suspicions about cattie-brie and Wulfgar now.... hmmm [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]