Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-27-2001, 09:16 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Which stronghold is the funniest? richest (merchants persons etc) enjoying etc
Old 08-28-2001, 12:12 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILER ALERT: (these are all my opinions, and others may differ.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The funniest, I think, hands down goes to the Five Flagons Inn (Bardic stronghold). Worth while putting up with a Bard to go through it...it's also a CASH COW.

Most difficult I would think would be the Paladin Stronghold because of Firkraag...but most rewarding if you're a paladin because of Carsomyr.

Most direct management would be the Thieves' Stronghold (you can micromanage five different thieves: a cutpurse, an assassin, a smuggler, a blackmailer, and a catburglar) and get different rewards.

Most unusual would probably be the wizards' Planar Sphere. I don't know how rewarding that would be unless you want a place that will make unlimited potions.

The biggest stronghold is the fighter's stronghold, De'Arnise. It's fairly easy to get early on (even with all the trolls, if you play it right) and it's pretty cool being the master of an entire castle. It's hard to get to in a pinch, though.

The Ranger stronghold in Umar Hills can yield some nice goodies and quests, but all it really amounts to is a cabin in the woods. Not my cup of tea, but others may feel differently about it.

I've never played Cleric so I have no idea what the Cleric strongholds are like, other than you get a room in a temple (and the initial SH quest is pretty tough; the Unseeing Eye Cult.)

Also never have challenged for the Druid stronghold (the Druid grove near Trademeet).

Hope this helps, at least somewhat.

------------------
Old 09-27-2001, 09:28 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I totally agree with Sazerac. Even if you dont like Bards you should definatly play them at least once to get their stronghold. The paladin stronghold totally sucks since the quests are few, boring and a nasty bug prevents you from sleeping.(Patch available at Baldurash)

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Spoilers

The Druids stronghold is the worst, it take forever to get and it rewards are only two magical iteams and experince (which without the ToB is usless as level 14 is as high as you can get.)
The Clerics stronghold is a room and quite a bit of experince but only iteam reward is if you the secondy temple quest as you can get a one of the best iteams for a cleric.
Old 09-27-2001, 11:35 AM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The De'Arnise Keep and the Theif strongholds get u the most gold, although in the thief one you only have 2 quests and in the keep you have to fight against a lord and beat him in under a minute to keep the stronghold (and it's difficult to get.)
Old 09-27-2001, 12:01 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You get 2000 gold a week for the Bard's Stronghold. You mean the Thief Stronghold gives you more than that? o_O? I know the castle only gives 500 a week.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-27-2001, 01:12 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Thief stronghold can be pretty profitable if your a total bastard(trading slaves and all).
Old 09-27-2001, 06:29 PM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Although rather boring I think the mage stronghold offers a couple of real nice items (ring of wizadry being my favorite)
Old 09-27-2001, 06:52 PM   #9
Jeremy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Having my own golem is also quite a rewarding thought.....

.........since Irenicus and Thalantyr used to have one. (Anyone remember the flesh golems of BG1?)
Old 09-28-2001, 04:33 PM   #10
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

U don't get your own golem do u? I must have missed somefing out...

Horatio, happy but clanless