Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-14-2001, 07:23 AM   #1
Big Red
Dungeon Master

So you want more gold?
I don't know if this counts as a spoiler or not, so just in case,
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Near the end of the game, you can pay Ribald 50 gold to look at his special items, and in return he will give you 50% more gold for everything you sell him. Nice - I was selling most of my stuff anyway before leaving for TOB because I couldn't take it all with me.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:42 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Due to excessive stealing and selling stolen products, I had over 250,000 gold by the end of SoA.

By the end of ToB, I had 750,000 gold... ...

I intend to break those records with my current Blade_Bard, which I can, because I have 200,000 now and I am still in Chapter 3... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-14-2001, 07:48 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I feel bad/bored when I have tons of money. You can buy anything and game lost its fun. In CHapter 2 I had over 100.000 gold and I felt very bad. So I donate 50.000 to temple and bought some scrolls, result? 4000 gold! And I had to make some more quests to free Imoen. It was exciting!

Diedre helps me very much she solds very expensive items. BOught the baldurans shield, cleric for amulet, helm balduran, mercy ring, robe of vecna, sling +5, etc you lost almost 200.000 gold!

There's two things lets you get HUGE money. Stealing, Collecting all items from monsters.

Result, Black Isle should be more careful about it. There must be ULTRA EXPENSIVE items which we cannot buy.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:58 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, for those who love to hoard gold, I know I do. Here's a handy tip.

You know those wands that sell for a measly few pieces of gold? Here's how to fully exploit them.

First sell them to a respectable merchant. Then steal it back, the wand now has 50 charges, proceed to sell to the black market for 2500 gold.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-14-2001, 10:25 PM   #5
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
I feel bad/bored when I have tons of money. You can buy anything and game lost its fun. In CHapter 2 I had over 100.000 gold and I felt very bad. So I donate 50.000 to temple and bought some scrolls, result? 4000 gold! And I had to make some more quests to free Imoen. It was exciting!

Diedre helps me very much she solds very expensive items. BOught the baldurans shield, cleric for amulet, helm balduran, mercy ring, robe of vecna, sling +5, etc you lost almost 200.000 gold!

There's two things lets you get HUGE money. Stealing, Collecting all items from monsters.

Result, Black Isle should be more careful about it. There must be ULTRA EXPENSIVE items which we cannot buy.
Deirdre didn't help me to lose my money - I bought the same items for much less than 100K. How?

Minor spoiler
Reputation of course is the key to cheap purchases.
At the beginning of the game:
I started out with rep 12. I then added a young drow to my party to drop the reputation to 10. Then I spent around 7,000 GP bringing my rep back up to level 16. Then I replaced the drow - your reputation then automaticaly increases to level 18. Next complete two easy quests that award a rep point at the end (i chose the tanner murders and the tent in the promenade) and voila! Level 20 reputation at half the cost of buying it outright - all this in chapter two!
I already had the sling of everard before I entered Nalia's keep - so the Adamite golem was a breeze...
Everything else I wanted just came soooooo cheaply!
Old 09-14-2001, 10:34 PM   #6
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

or just type cluaconsole: addgold!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!