Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2000, 01:54 PM   #1
Kalgrog

I go to Windspear and am greeted by ogres and a small wyvern or something. They start yelling and hurting my feelings to I kill them, since that is why I was sent there. Then some guy appears and said Oh my! you killed knights of the holy something, you have been tricked. Then he takes me to his place and then his daughter is kidnapped and such. Is this the best route for this quest? I could try to talked to the ogres and figure out that they are not ogres and not kill them, but then being Chaotic Evil, my character would more likely kill first, ask questions later I guess. hehe Any thoughts would be great.

Also, has anyone met with the vampire in the graveyard Velan or something before going to talk to Quaye again in the Slums and siding with the Shadow Thieves? I wonder if you can side with the vampires? Which is better if anyone knows?

Thanks a lot!!

Old 12-30-2000, 03:21 PM   #2
Larr2

The girl is supposed to be kidnapped, and then you have a quest to go get her back.
You will not be blamed for the murders of the Knights, if all goes well.

As far as joining the vamps...do so if you are to continue the evil path. The thieves are actually the good path, though you do get to choose to do some evil in their ranks if you like.
It really does not change the outcome, if that is what you want to know.

Old 12-30-2000, 08:27 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Siding with the Vampires is also much more difficult and you recieve less Xp's. One person sided with the Vamps and found that they had ruined it for themselves. By killing all the shadow thieves in the compound they were unable to do the quests that the shadow thieves offer. One of the most important being infiltrating Mae Var's guild hall, which is where you meet Edwin. After completing Edwin's quests he can join your party. Edwin is the very best NPC mage in the game. This person found that by siding with the Vamps they had lost the chance to gain Edwin in their party.
Old 12-31-2000, 01:12 AM   #4
Armisael

I side with the vamps now. A bit less EP, a bit more treasure, like rifthome's +3 throwing axe and Linvale's elven chain.