Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #31
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Default Re: First Impressions

Space Bar is UR Friend...mmmkay
Old 11-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #32
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes you must pause to play this game. No exceptions. I mean, some fights you will pull off live, but it is mostly back to the BG and IWD days of pausing and queueing actions.

As far as cutscenes go, I kinda agree with you. I am not fond of them, but since NWN's 2 these are the new thing. I don't like completely losing control of my character *everytime* I talk to an NPC, with everything suddenly in cinematic mode and big black broders. Dramatic scenes fine, but every second NPC, not so fine.

I confess, sometimes I find myself pressing escape through the predicatable cutscenes just so I can get to the action. Don't get me wrong, I love all the content here, and the fact that so many NPC's actually have a voice...I just miss the old conversation windows with NPC voiceover. I wish there was an option to toggle it. Something like "disable cutscene cinematic view" and I would gladly take a transparent conversation box from NWN1.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #33
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Actually, KOTOR did it before NWN2.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #34
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Oh. Never played it so wouldn't know.

Last edited by SpiritWarrior; 11-11-2009 at 11:56 AM.
SpiritWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #35
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Just catching a break from playing and thought it was time to drop my ten cents on the game...

I agree that this looks like RPG of the year - I have 3 ongoing games atm - my mage is level 11 and is by far the easiest to play. Graphics are awesome - I especially like the *pause game and look at the spells go off in the face of that fucked up creep*
On the other hand pausing with my rogue also has some interesting *pause effects* ---> blood ´n gore FTW*

I found something else that is interesting - if you combine spells you can get some unexpected bonuses from it - Happened by accident for me and I was *woooot the hell was THAT?"

As to the DLC content - I had to adjust my services.cms so the Dragon Age updater starts automatically as that is mostly what is the cause of the problems.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #36
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah there are spell combos. The instruction manual mention it but doesn't spoil them.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #37
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

That is news to me. Unless you mean like, icing them then shattering them etc. Or do you mean something else?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #38
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Mixing certain spells together can create new spells.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 AM   #39
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

It is annoying how many effects and abilities are just not documented well. I STILL don't know what backstabbing does exactly.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #40
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I think it's a guaranteed crit. Or at least they hit in the same range.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote