Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-04-2001, 05:36 PM   #11
DiabloRex
Elminster

Perhaps I should get myself a dns for my forums? instead of have it running from the IP? lol
Old 12-04-2001, 05:38 PM   #12
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Those are some great naked pictures you have hidden on your hard drive! Who's the girl?

Do you mind if I delete all your .dll files? If you do mind that, can I at least delete your windows folder? Come on? Please?

Old 12-04-2001, 05:41 PM   #13
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Agility:
You can change ur IP anytime (dont matter if it is cable, or DSL)!
All you have to do is change a few setting and there u go it is changed!

Uhm....no. You're wrong. It depends on what kind of connection you have, but only certain kinds of connections give you dynamic IP addressing. In all cases your IP is given to you by your ISP and you have no control over it unless you are assigned more then one IP from your provider. This would be the case if you had a commercial block of IP's or something. If you acccess the internet through a gateway, you can change your private IP address, but the gateway is still being assigned an address from your ISP.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-04-2001, 05:43 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

Uhm....no. You're wrong. It depends on what kind of connection you have, but only certain kinds of connections give you dynamic IP addressing. In all cases your IP is given to you by your ISP and you have no control over it unless you are assigned more then one IP from your provider. This would be the case if you had a commercial block of IP's or something. If you acccess the internet through a gateway, you can change your private IP address, but the gateway is still being assigned an address from your ISP.

Milamber is right. I have the dynamic IP addressing and my provider changes it at whim, I've no control over it.

CB
Old 12-04-2001, 05:56 PM   #15
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I have cable and mine only changes when I turn the modem off and back on again. I have a firewall, but I turn the modem off everynight with the computer, so I'll have a different IP everyday.
Old 12-04-2001, 05:56 PM   #16
DiabloRex
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Those are some great naked pictures you have hidden on your hard drive! Who's the girl?

Do you mind if I delete all your .dll files? If you do mind that, can I at least delete your windows folder? Come on? Please?

Good luck accessing any .dll and windows folders on the machine the webserver is running from
Old 12-04-2001, 07:04 PM   #17
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by DiabloRex:

Good luck accessing any .dll and windows folders on the machine the webserver is running from

I'll need more than luck! I'm lucky to find .dll's and folders on my machine...lol.