Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2002, 11:51 AM   #11
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I made an "Elven Amulet" that does speed like 30pts cnstnt, and a ring with agility 30pts cnstnt, along with my super shirt, which heals 10pts constant.
I get around the map fairly quickly.

[img]graemlins/lightning.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 01:27 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Useful but VERY SLOW! Do you have a MARK in Balmora so that you can cast RECALL to get back to Caius fast? I do this until it becomes more practical to have a MARK in other places instead.
Dude, i don't even know about having a mark. How does one create a mark then ?
Old 10-12-2002, 02:18 PM   #13
Sr. Paladin Richek
Banned User

Ive never really used a "fighter" or a "mage", ive just usually make a kinda spellsword with a more dominant fighting skill. Tanthalas,Dark Elf, level 23, skilled in destructive magic and long sword. But i wuz never a fan of the whole all magic thing. Its just so much fun to see a mage casting his best spell and you bash him to the floor with the Sixth House Bell Hammer.
Sr. Paladin Richek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 08:10 PM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Useful but VERY SLOW! Do you have a MARK in Balmora so that you can cast RECALL to get back to Caius fast? I do this until it becomes more practical to have a MARK in other places instead.
Dude, i don't even know about having a mark. How does one create a mark then ?[/QUOTE]Mark and Recall are spells. You cast Mark where you want to return to before you go on a quest. When you have done it, cast Recall and you go back to your Mark location. You can buy 'em both in Caldera Mage guild, but from different people. You have to go throgh a door up some stairs to find the second person. I think it's Caldera, anyway. Spell school is Mysticism.

[ 10-12-2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Fljotsdale ]
Old 10-12-2002, 10:17 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Thanks dude, i never knew that.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:45 AM   #16
Odin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The best part about the mark and recall is that when you are out on a quest, there is always lots of distractions, meaning that you end up with valuable loot that you can not carry. So, mark the place, take all the stuff you have, does not matter if you are over encumbered, use almsivi intervention. This takes you to a temple, just drop all your stuff there, then use recall, and you are back, light and ready for the quest you are on. Later you need to go around to the temples and pick up your loot. It is ok to leave the stuff on the ground I think, I have not noticed anything go missing for me. The you sell all your loot, I have over 1000 k now. Most times the temples you end up in have a mages guild there so you can get there easy enough.
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 06:17 PM   #17
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

Like i said, mark and recall is ummmmmmm awesome
Old 10-22-2002, 07:48 PM   #18
Nydlari
Manshoon

I don't of this counts, but I played a monk character who didn't use any weapons just fists. But I was also avoiding killing things the entire game, so I didn't use a lot of magic either.

As for traveling with levetation: Just use a constant effect levetation item, find a good ring, enchant it, and fly forever. Also great for water breathing.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 12:01 AM   #19
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i tried being a mage with no weapons early in the game. when i reached level 7 i had to repeat my entire character beacause i got so frustrated resting all the time.. i only did only a couple of quest i wuz already at day 50... what im using now is paralize glass sword, ebony sword, and magic for other stuff .. so im pretty much a figher/mage now [img]smile.gif[/img] and i have lots of amulets and rings too [img]smile.gif[/img] oh and im also lvl 27 right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, im planning to make a ring constant effect levitation at least with chameleon spell as a bonus.. can someone tell me what i need (soulgems, etc) and how much?? the cheapest would be nice though

thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 03:05 AM   #20
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

That would be pretty cool. Never tried it. Will now [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote