Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have just killed g'ezzered ra. I used all busting spells + 10 x bloodlust and finished him with a mavin sword BEFORE Cet levitated him.
Stupid Cet didin't dissipired, blocking the way out, and he is resistant to mavin sword and the dead staff (Ra fet it). I'l try to check how the game will behave after this. Espetialy
- is the cet present at his piramid
-if so, is he still at skull castle after beeing killed [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
I blocked the dors with some crates, so i can get back to do it.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Yes, you will find Cet at the Pyramid later. Also, G'Ezerred Ra will be there.

2. Most likely but I've never checked.

Note that the game often uses the "fake monster" method. The same monster can appear in the game in more independent instances and often with different abilities. Examples:
- Fake Xydusa (the one, which you can see when you enter Serpent Temple through the backdoor) is different from the real Xydusa, which you will fight later. A well known bug in the game causes that the fake Xydusa isn't removed from the game when she should be and you find it after killing the real Xydusa.
- Fake Priskiella (the one, which opened the trapdoor below your feet) is different from the real Priskiella, which will want Grunaxe Ring later.
- Fake S'Kesser Da (the one, which has cursed you) is different from the real S'Kesser Da, which you will kill in her lair.
And so on. Cet and G'Ezzered Ra in the Skull Castle and in the Pyramid are the same story.

Technical note: What is doing Cet in the Skull Castle when he cannot leave his Pyramid? It's one of the (rare) logical blunders in the game.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx. But i'll still try to do this.
One more thing - Mayby I could kill the fake cet after filling mavin & staff with the black fire?

Now i'm doing the whole thing again - there are another dors that closed too (now I've blocked them properly and it's ok) and I killed Ra before he gave me the Dungeon key - and i have never found Vampire Ring (ussualy I killed Vampireres before finding the required scroll. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

I thought that becose he is groving in power, mayby i'ts his manifestation, not him? Byt it wasn't said in the plot, so u r right - probobly it's a bag.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That's about 200k more experience than the Tome of Misinformation lists for G'ezz. The tome has been known to be wrong and it's also possible that your characters have some modifier which increases the experience they earn.

Radek has explained the "fake" monsters very well, so I've nothing to add to that.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

He *is* a lich, so any with the Crusade trait might experience a nice bonus. As would any elves, with their quick learner trait -- the additional XP is very noticable, I have to say.

For the most part, anyone who can give you a special object (Kerielle's elixir, dungeon key, vampire ring, assassin's dagger, etc.) will not have it in their inventory. If you kill them before receiving it, you're done
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:09 PM   #6
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Numenar is both Elf and Crusader! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've found a cool bug!
When u take an item from adriana - u can vanish her (do it quickly!). If she is vanished to near (she continiues to invoke the scroll) or the spell failed - repeat process (still quickly!). If she Vanishes near the entrance (close to the water) she can greets u again and ask for the scroll of banishing. Steal it from her and give her back - then repeat the whole process. I managed to get 2x vampire ring and a lich key before she vanishes to the place, where she attacked me instead of greet, and could not be vanished further...

Now I'm going to Colassium and then Cets tomb. Wish me luck (lvl 208 Zenmaster who was 10 times at at least 50 lvl of EVERY proffession exept for Valkyria, and started adventuring as a wizard [img]smile.gif[/img] )!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:09 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

That is worthy of the best tips page.

[ 01-06-2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #8
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, finally i finished the game and returned to skull castle(6 game crashes , my deep6 file tried to make a connection and to change itself during a game, but when i checked for a viruses with a new library, there was none...).

U was rigt Radek. Cet was both - in his tomb an then, after beeing killed - in skull castle (but still resist to my dead staff and mavin attacks, and black fire power). Ra was in Cetss tomb too.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I agree with Bsftcs -- that trick for getting multiple items from Adrianna is one I haven't seen before. Can you add that to the Best Tips thread, plenty?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #10
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanx. done. [img]tongue.gif[/img]