Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-27-2003, 08:43 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ah what can I say. So many things. It is a case on trial right now in Ft. Worth, Texas. A woman hit a man with her car late at night, and he went right through her windshield into her passenger seat, and she drove home, and left him in her garage to bleed to death. She blames it all on Ecstacy, says she had half a pill of it.

Here is a link where you can see text about the details.

Click on "Full Story"

http://www.courttv.com/home_news/index.html

Then, if you click on "Watch Sentencing Video" (I have Real Player so had no problem seeing it, but can't say how it will go if you don't have Real Player), they actually have the entire testimony, her telling how it all happened, being questioned by first her defense lawyer, then later the lawyer for the prosecution. It is a pretty lengthy video, it is divided into four pages/sections as you will see. Again, it ran fine though on my end with Real Player, and I only have the free version 8 I installed two years ago.

Here is the link where the video is at:

http://www.courttv.com/video/

I'd just like to hear some feedback on what you guys think. She is obviously guilty, but would you nail her to the wall, maximum penalty, life in prison, or would you be able to forgive her, see some kind of possible redemption, and give her a lighter sentence, i.e., less time in prison, and a lot of community service afterwards?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-27-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

Why would you possibly wish to let her walk?

She took Ecstacy. She new it was illegal, she new she shouldn't be driving. Ecstacy did not hold a gun to her head and make her drive that car, she decided that all by herself.

She killed somone plain and simple. Manslaughter.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
Ladyzekke

Did you read the article Animal? She also worked as a Certified Nurses Assistant and worked in a Nursing Home, before that she worked as a correction officer in a jail.

If you are able to see the video, especially the ending pages, you also see her behavior for months after her accident (btw she called a friend later after she hit the guy, and said friend came over, looked, and they decided to get a couple of guys to dump the guy's body in a park).

Listen how many times she says "I didn't know what to do"

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #4
Arvon
Unicorn

Any drug...be it booze or the other stuff says you are fully responsible for what happens. Touble is she'll get out when she in the 70's, he's dead. Should have been life plus 10.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 06-27-2003, 09:07 PM   #5
Ladyzekke

Mind you, on the flip side, I have never taken Ecstacy, have no clue what it does to you, if it makes you unable to make rational decisions etc. No doubt, no matter what she was on, she is definitely responsible and should be punished. The question is, what is the best fitting punishment? Do you believe she can be redeemed, learn and be a better person, and become a beneficial person in society? Or no way she should rot in jail forever because a man is dead forever? Or something in between?

Dang I probably should have made this a poll LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-27-2003, 09:10 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Did you read the article Animal? She also worked as a Certified Nurses Assistant and worked in a Nursing Home, before that she worked as a correction officer in a jail.

If you are able to see the video, especially the ending pages, you also see her behavior for months after her accident (btw she called a friend later after she hit the guy, and said friend came over, looked, and they decided to get a couple of guys to dump the guy's body in a park).

Listen how many times she says "I didn't know what to do"
And that makes it okay?

I see, as long as you are an upstanding citizen, then you are allowed to kill someone? I don't buy it, sorry. She took an illegal drug, commited an illegal act and now she needs to take responsibility for her actions.

As a Certified Nurses Assistant she should know better.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:12 PM   #7
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Mind you, on the flip side, I have never taken Ecstacy, have no clue what it does to you, if it makes you unable to make rational decisions etc. No doubt, no matter what she was on, she is definitely responsible and should be punished. The question is, what is the best fitting punishment? Do you believe she can be redeemed, learn and be a better person, and become a beneficial person in society? Or no way she should rot in jail forever because a man is dead forever? Or something in between?

Dang I probably should have made this a poll LOL.
I have taken Ecstacy, and it does some wild things to you. The bottom line remains, that she still needs to be held responsible for her actions. I'm not suggesting the gas chamber, but what she committed was manslaughter.

So lets say, that this woman does the same thing but mows down your husband on the way home and kills him. Would you feel the same way?
Old 06-27-2003, 09:16 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

LOL, umm Animal, I haven't actually yet given my opinion on this case LOL. I'm stating basically both sides of the argument first as best I can.

I was wanting to wait and see other replies first before I gave my own.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-27-2003, 10:26 PM   #9
Animal
Gold Dragon

These cases hit close to home for me. First off, I'm an ex police officer and second my wife was killed by a drunk driver who walked away free on a technicality.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:31 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I had just read this, she got a total of 60 years, ten for tampering with evidence...burning the car seat, and 50 for tho other, 2 of her friends also got 10 years for helping her , when they took the body to the park