Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-04-2001, 12:55 PM   #1
Tasselhoff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was curious about how old most of these people are and If you all still play non PC AD&D? and if so how old r u and do you play the same kind of character on SoA. I play well, a thief (duh) but I dont play a thief on SoA. Im 30 (GEEZ cant believe that) My wife think im lame for playing AD&D, LOL that B****, lmao.

Tas
Old 12-04-2001, 01:07 PM   #2
Nith
Dungeon Master

Im fourteen and I started AD&D when I found the first editon handbook, the monster manual, and a few modules from 1970 in the attic. After reading the handbook I was hooked. I looked for D&D at a bookstore and found that the game still existed. I then found at that several computer games using D&D rules were available, which has brought me to blessed baldurs gate.
Old 12-04-2001, 01:21 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

21 here, i've been playing since '96 and i own many 1st ed books, and more 2nd ed than i know what to do with, not many are forgotten realms, i prefer ravenloft and dark sun, when not playing in my home brewed campaign.

I love Paladins, the roleplaying challenge of figuring out how to reform the neutral evil halfling thief is a challenge i can't pass up, i tend towards things like fighting alongside him and constantly extolling the virtues of goodness and OOC telling him he wouldn't have the thac0/ saving throw problems if he would just quit being naughty... of course there was the one time he gutted me in my bedroll, but then Mordquic II came along, and the rest is history

there was also my Thri-Kreen Ranger/Fire Priest imported to Planescape from Dark Sun, he would actually ignite party members or demand that they let him ignite something of their's before he would heal them can't recal his name, but it was almost a page long, and was unpronounceable, so he went by the first words he learned in common ("AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHhhhhh get it off!!!!!!!!!!!" from a partially eaten, slightly scorched elf)
Old 12-04-2001, 01:26 PM   #4
Mordenheim
Elminster

lol [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 02:19 PM   #5
Mourn Yauntyyr
The Magister

Yeah I am rapidly approaching 30 myself (28 now) and am in an equal state of disbelief about it. Seems like yesterday I was a freshman in high school...

Anyway, yeah I still play PnP. I am a Drow freak (if you couldn't tell by the name), but I don't always play Drow. Recently I've been playing a cleric/merchant, LN, who worships Waukeen. He is a miser and actually charges party members for healing and other services. In BGII, I play a half-elf ranger. Started him in BGI. I always play good characters in PCRPGs because the game is usually designed with the assumption of a good alignment.

But when Neverwinter Nights comes out, I'm going back to Drow. I'm actually starting my own server for the game, which will be set in a Drow city where players play the parts of nobles engaged in a constant struggle for power. Check out my website if you like:

www.geocities.com/maladuir

Vhaeraun zhaunil alurl!
Mourn Yauntyyr,
Elderboy, Qu'ellar Yauntyyr
The City of Maladuir
Old 12-04-2001, 02:30 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I just turned 30 not too long ago myself. I still play, as time permits, on a regular basis now. I enjoy rangers in both, AD&D and Baldur's Gate II. My favorite character was a dwarven battlerager.

Tasselhoff,
I have a couple of ex's that would probably get along with your wife. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Mourn Yauntyyr,
Awesome looking site. You have obviously put a lot of time and effort into creating it.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 02:46 PM   #7
Tasselhoff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mourn Nice Website, you sound like a friend of mine obssessed with Drow, Everything he played was Drow!, lol I think NWN is already out isnt it? Can you play a drow as your main PC in that game? Keep me posted on how your server comes along,

Mitro,

Yeah Man I know how it is, I met my wife at a bar I used to bartend at and she always says, "If I knew you played this stupid, Geeky game I would've never dated or married you!" Women, cant live with em, cant shoot em" (Just a joke didnt mean to offend any ladies on this forum.)

Tas
Old 12-04-2001, 02:56 PM   #8
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I'm 34 (old dude) and have been playing tabletop AD+D for over 20 yaers and still lovin' it. My future x-wife thinks it's wierd too. I'm a Tolkien fanatic and like Morcock and Lieber as well. I like dwarves because they're tough and rugged (manly). They were great in BG1 (20 con); but, in BG2 they are rather useless, unless you used a beserker or barbarian. You would do better with a half orc though. I create my own party of six because I enjoy roleplaying all the diferent combinations; also, I HATE the annoying personalities of the NPC's.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 04:16 PM   #9
Russ
Manshoon

Irritating NPCs are what roleplaying is all about.... my wife loves gaming, and we do it every chance we get... but it's all about the interactions of the personalities... otherwise, real life is a lot more fun...

Interesting characters:
1. Gharesh, a warrior priest of Tempus, publicly armwrestling with the little irritating dweeb of a wildmage after he's accidentally polymorphed himself into a minotaur...
2. Picaro and Falchar. Picaro is a gnome, Falchar a big barbarous type... the duo charging a cave filled with goblins, Falchar swinging his axes, Picaro on Falchar's shoulders swinging his middle fingers....

overheard at a convention:

"Hey, um, somebody? How much damage does a dwarf do?"
-I dunno, what's he wielding?

-No no, the barbarian picked up the dwarf and smacked the orc chieftain with him!

-Uh, well, how heavily armoured was he?
Old 12-05-2001, 07:28 AM   #10
Anarion

Ive played d&d and ad&d for 4 years or so ( Im 17). Ii got the origonal Bg because it looked good and was a Forgotten realms product.. I also play warhammer alot too.