Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #91
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
I've been very well, Lady Z, thanks. Just got home for the summer a few days ago and am (as expected) madly bored. To be honest, it's startling to find IW mostly as I left it... being a teenager, I frequently make the quite natural assumption that nothing can survive without me. God only knows what my more than two-hundred-year-old school is going to do after I graduate. Disintegrate, most likely.

Anyway, I have to go try and scrounge up a job, so I'm off. I'll probably pop in again in another two years or so. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Heh, in the case of one of my coworkers, it's absolutely true, He started out working as a paperboy delivering to a hospital in Pittsburg, after he left both the Hospital and the newspaper closed down, he was in the army, and while the army hasn't closed down every unit he was in got shut down, or merged with another one, either while he was there, or after he left, after he got out he was working in SF for a video production compnay, they closed down after he left, and most recently he was working on a fishing show down in louisiana, after he left, the company lost the contract to produce the fishing show, and now he's here... dun Dun DUN... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #92
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Lioness! Good to see you! Happy Job hunting! Good luck with that! I hope you don't get too bored in the summer- maybe you'll find a nice project or two to keep you busy. Hmm, my lawn needs mowing... hubby went to the gym instead of mowing. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, in his defense he did say something about not wanting to mow in the rain. Can't imagine why not....we have a lovely electric lawn mower.

Mack, LOL, yes he IS pretty well trained, really. He did help me with laundry last night (he carries stuff up and down the basement stairs) and he's done a lot of housework on his own inititiative so I guess I can't complain much. Well, except for the pink bedspread....it was beige once....

[ 06-14-2005, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 06-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #93
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Cloudy that is the classic mistake men do to never have to do laundry again. Opps did I say that out loud.

[ 06-14-2005, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 06-14-2005, 08:23 PM   #94
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Cloudy that is the classic mistake men do to never have to do laundry again. Opps did I say that out loud.
Hehe.... well it didn't work for my husband! He still does laundry....although I do sort it all ahead of time and repeat the "don't wash this with other stuff that's not RED" mantra over and over....
Old 06-15-2005, 12:46 AM   #95
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Bumbus:
quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Madasscar(sp), no [img]tongue.gif[/img] just no.
Of course I have no idea what kind of movies you enjoy, but I thought this was a great movie. I think my kids liked it also. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Hero , The Last Samurai, Ninja Scroll, Minority Report - that kind of thing, to name a few.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:42 AM   #96
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Very hot here again today, ugg. D.C. schools are leaving early because of no AC, which is so ridiculous. I mean, D.C., home of the President, has schools with no working AC, ssss.
Wow... when you first said that it was ridiculous... I was sure that the reason would be that you can't believe how wimpy the kids must be... Heh...

We never get let off school because of no AC! And we're a damn sight hotter than DC
Old 06-15-2005, 10:20 AM   #97
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL Callum. Yall are some tough cookies! Well there have already been 2 deaths this week due to the hot temps here (the high humidity and pollution make it MUCH worse). LOL I remember my high school didn't have AC either except in the tech department where the computers were. But of course my school was out in the sticks, so no surprise LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:33 AM   #98
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

!!

Deaths? Are you having a heat wave like in Europe two years?

WHile its still hotter here... at least we are prepared for it When I go home... they don't even have fans for such a crisis... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And I don't think I've ever seen an AC back home... not that I travel extensively there
Old 06-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #99
Link
Jack Burton

Although no one here is interested in rowing, I'm gonna bore you with the following nonetheless [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Last week I had a ergometer test (the ergometer is the fitness rowing machine) for our nation's rowing association for the national teams. And guess what, they thought I was good enough to come and race last friday!!!

And no, I didn't make it into the squad, but they wanted me back after the summer to start training with the A-group (top group) of the leight weight rowers from the Netherlands. This is especially cool because I'm turning 21 this summer and have a whole carreer in front of me, with hopefully a lot of World Championships and stuff like that.

*me = proud*

P.S. For all Boston residents: I may be coming to your city coming fall to participate in the annual Head of the River Charles. It's not certain though, but there's a fair chance I'll be there. In each case I'll try and squeeze in a couple of free afternoons to spend with you
/boast

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #100
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Wow!

And don't the Netherlands have a very strong team as well?

Not as good as Britain of course... but strong... iirc.

Congratulations!