Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-29-2004, 07:08 PM   #11
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Hell, I still use my Keyboard from 1991! An old lol, Packard bell if you would believe THAT! (They sucked ass as a pc maker) but I love it because it has the normal set of keys, and ZERO &*^(^ windows keys! ugh, I hate those. MS rewritting KB's is bad. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Although it isn't just MS who uses that key. Some Linux window managers use it, and you can even get a little penguin to put on it instead. [img]smile.gif[/img] And Macs had their apple key for years before the Windows key was around.
But I do have some very major problems with every single keyboard in this house, and I would have the same problem if I had one like Larry's.. all those extra media buttons annoy me...
Which is why I want the Unix Happy Hacking Keyboard. Small footprint, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: made myself sound a bit less like a rambling idiot.

[ 12-29-2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 12-29-2004, 08:01 PM   #12
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

My old keyboard was a frikkin Volvo of keyboards! A Keytronic from 94-95 I think. It was grounded, and had armor, for crying out loud! Weighed a tonne too [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh and Lennon, if you want something really small and compact: !!!

[ 12-29-2004, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 12-29-2004, 08:07 PM   #13
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hmm, I would hate that one. It looks so, unconventional and annoying.

Personally, I love my nice, hard keyboard. Everytime I use my soft one, it feels so poor in comparison, and I can type a lot faster with the hard one, must be in the region of 80-100wpm I would think.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:42 AM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Hmm, I would hate that one. It looks so, unconventional and annoying.

Personally, I love my nice, hard keyboard. Everytime I use my soft one, it feels so poor in comparison, and I can type a lot faster with the hard one, must be in the region of 80-100wpm I would think.
Same speed as me Ross (Thats words per month right?) [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

seriously my keyboard is boring standard issue but for some reason my wrists ache after a few posts unlike other boards. Has anybody got a good tip?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-30-2004, 05:11 AM   #15
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Wellard, make sure you're holding your hands properly when you type. If you move your wrists too much, you can do some serious damage to them (as in, RSI and carpal tunnel syndrome). Possibly get a wrist brace of some description to keep them still while you type (but, be careful with things like that: if you wear them all the time, you can weaken the joint and make the problem worse). Spend money on a good keyboard - that being, one that suits your typing style and your hands. The one you've got is probably a bad layout for you. Possibly consider completely different key layouts like Dvorak and Maltron.
If you use a wrist wrest, the gel ones are better than the plastic ones, and the plastic ones are better than your desk. Improvise if you need to, but get a real one ASAP if it helps. And, just to sound corny (although it's still important), see any random doctor if it gets worse, or if it atleast doesn't get any better.