Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-12-2004, 11:04 AM   #11
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ok, you seem to have sent me the Windows movie maker file, you didnt export it, thats why it is so small.
In movie maker Press Ctrl+M to export it.

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #12
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

heh, thanks for all the help [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2004, 08:38 AM   #13
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Thanx, hivetyrant! I dindn't even know I had a movie editor. Mebbe I should pay more attention to what goodies windows has instead of just bashing on windows... hmmmm.

A lesson in humility
SilentThief
Old 12-13-2004, 09:10 PM   #14
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentThief:
Mebbe I should pay more attention to what goodies windows has instead of just bashing on windows... hmmmm.
"Goodies"? A mundane movie editor, a crappy email client, a bearable IM client, a browser wannabe (that can't handle PNG files or non-extremely-basic CSS), two very basic text editors, an even more basic word processor, a decent audio/movie viewer (*if* you can find the right codecs; and it doesn't have any OGG codecs AFAIK), an alright image viewer (which again has problems with PNGs), an extremely crappy picture editor, a hopeless firewall, two rudamentary FTP clients (ok, ftp is an OK program; WinExplorer FTP isn't), a Sun JAVA clone that saw MS in court, a popup message service noone much uses, at least two constantly running web servers, a realy poor archiving utility, a really annoying text-to-speach engine ("Dialing dot dot dot Connected to remote server period"), a fairly basic scientific calculator, a seemingly pointless magnifier, some minor networking capabilities, a replacement for the keyboard 90% of computers won't boot without, an mundane tool for automagic updates, a disk space free-er that rarely clears more than a few MB, capabilities for mid-90's CD burning, a Program Compatibility utility that is only needed because of MS's delay in moving to a multi-user OS, a fancy method of copying one single folder onto another media, a disk defragmenter that barely works, a "registry" so unstable and inaccesable that it requires another utility to back it up, a hard to use task scheduler, some very frustrating games, and about a million ways for other things to be installed (and have unrestricted access to potentially sensitive data) without your permission or knowledge.
I think I'll stick with bashing on it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #15
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Been doing your research eh Lennon? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well I have finaly decided to agree with you, on the most part.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:20 PM   #16
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
a "registry" so unstable and inaccesable that it requires another utility to back it up
LOL! I hadn't used Windows in so long for anything besides the occasional video game that I'd forgotten about the fun times I used to have with the Registry, trying to restore backups & the like. So fun I almost killed myself ...

Last time I seriously did anything with Windows was getting my MCSE -- wanted to kill myself then, and still do when I remember that I've got the thing [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

XP does have a decent System Restore utility; have instructed my users to run it many a time -- or have done so myself on their machines -- with success. The fact that it automatically makes a backup image daily is key.