Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-15-2001, 12:23 AM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

First, a moment of your time.

I know I am still a newbie on these boards. For that reason, many of you may not give much weight to my opinions or ideas. That's fine. I know I can be a jerk, and hard to handle. So, I'd like to extend a formal apology to any who I have offended in any way, shape, or form.

That said, I'd like to invite you to share the reasons you LOVE this board. Was it a post you read, or a story you heard? Do you love the people, or just come for gaming info? Did a friend invite you, or did you stumble in here on your own? Hugs and kisses anre welcome, but must be shared with everyone. This is not a popularity contest. ('Sides, we all know you love ME )

Note: this thread is not for discussion of the pros and cons. It is not for airing out negatives. I will ask mods to remove NEGATIVE posts ...

NOW... tell us...

I Like IronWorks because...

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 12:32 AM   #2
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
First, a moment of your time.

I know I am still a newbie on these boards. For that reason, many of you may not give much weight to my opinions or ideas. That's fine. I know I can be a jerk, and hard to handle. So, I'd like to extend a formal apology to any who I have offended in any way, shape, or form.

That said, I'd like to invite you to share the reasons you LOVE this board. Was it a post you read, or a story you heard? Do you love the people, or just come for gaming info? Did a friend invite you, or did you stumble in here on your own? Hugs and kisses anre welcome, but must be shared with everyone. This is not a popularity contest. ('Sides, we all know you love ME )

Note: this thread is not for discussion of the pros and cons. It is not for airing out negatives. I will ask mods to remove NEGATIVE posts ...

NOW... tell us...

I Like IronWorks because...

CAUSE YOUR HERE!!

Hehe, truely that is one of them. But all the people here are great, always comforting, all ways there when you need them, always giving adive, always friendly, truly a great place

great topic by the way

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer
Old 06-15-2001, 12:33 AM   #3
Charean
Hathor

I like IronWorks because you all have helped me keep my sanity over the last month... you were here when I wasn't ready to talk to friends who were near and were a wonderful distraction from my troubles. For that, I salute all of you.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
And so, in the way of life, one must perservere in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a fluffy) and continue on the quest so bring truth, justice and the feng shui way to the world (or at least, make my truck look nice!)
And if you are still reading, I am taking suggestions for my next installment...
Old 06-15-2001, 12:36 AM   #4
Moni

For me, what got me here was needing help with my Wizards & Warriors game.
What kept me here was the variety of absolutely good people all in one place!
The conversation, the jokes, the mere funny comments that are made reeally brighten the time I get to sit down during the course of my days.

I love Ironworks because it is Ironworks...unlike any other place in cyber-space and I feel priveledged to be here.

Rudy, if I owe you any apologies, please accept them here as they are offered to you in peace, harmony, and love. Without Ironworks, I would probably never have known you and my life has been blessed by your presence here.

Sincerly,
Monique

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 12:38 AM   #5
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Rudy, if I owe you any apologies, please accept them here as they are offered to you in peace, harmony, and love. Without Ironworks, I would probably never have known you and my life has been blessed by your presence here.

Sincerly,
Monique

AAAAWWWWW. No apology necessary! {{{{{Moni}}}}} I'm just glad you're not mad at me! Loves ya !

*RudeDawwg doin the HappyHappyJoyJoy Dance*

------------------

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 01:07 AM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well Dawgie why dont you tell us your reasons?

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer
Old 06-15-2001, 01:18 AM   #7
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

I have an illness that keeps me stuck at home, makes me sleep wierd hours and above all gives me severe pain almost every day. This board gives me somewhere I can have fun, even when my brain isn't all that focussed, and somewhere were the people are welcoming, friendly and nonjudgemental. And I met you here Rude Dawg! (And no - we are not having a torrid cyber affair!)

I use a lot of other boards as well as I am a keen gamer, but this place is unique.

Oh, and this is very, very important I DON'T FEEL OLD HERE

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 01:41 AM   #8
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

I came to this forum to find fellow Icewind Dale players to discuss the game with. At that time, I was invited to also check out the GD forum.

Well, I did check out the GD forum, and haven't been able to get into a game of IWD since. I spend all my time checking out my friends posts, and posting to those that I feel I can contribute to, be it with a helpful post, or a humorous one.

I have made friends on this board that I am comfortable with, and look forward to meeting more of the people who I have only met through their posts.

Ironworks forum is my new online community, and I will only give it up if forced to, and with regret!

"DITTO!"

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 03:09 AM   #9
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

I like ironworks because your all soooooo friendly !!!!!!!

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 03:47 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

*Bweheeeee* SOB..

Rudy you dog, you can´t go post sentimental posts like this! hehe

man your a nice breeze man! So take it cool, i do not give apologies and I take none if there is no need for them! Man I think you´re a cool dog that put spirits into the board! hehe! Rock on!

Well i love this board for one, the help i have received here.
2. The people here. Gotta like the most of them, and the others, i havent yet talked to that much!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz