Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-26-2001, 07:35 PM   #11
serra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay...I tried the Pirate Lord, but he didn't like my attitude and disappeared forever. I then went, killed the mage and got the ward stone. I went by the ship and told Sime I had the stone and she said she would get a message to the Shadow Thieves for some help. No reply after a long time, so I took the ward stone and went to Spellhold. I went across the bridge, killed a few lizard men and lesser air elementals, found one entry, went in, and it is an empty room with two doors that say they can't be opened with magic or weapons. When I go back out, and try to cross the bridge, duh...there are traps that can't be detected with my thiefs or priest spells that either petrify me or kill me. When I finally give up on getting all my party across the bridge and go back to the village, nothing has changed. No way off the island, no one else to talk to for help, and no way into the asylum. Do I have to start all over from scratch?
Old 05-26-2001, 07:42 PM   #12
serra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks...do you want more info to try to help me...?
Old 05-26-2001, 07:43 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by serra:
Okay...I tried the Pirate Lord, but he didn't like my attitude and disappeared forever.
oh well, move on...
Quote:
I then went, killed the mage and got the ward stone. I went by the ship and told Sime I had the stone and she said she would get a message to the Shadow Thieves for some help. No reply after a long time, so I took the ward stone and went to Spellhold.
good so far
Quote:
I went across the bridge, killed a few lizard men and lesser air elementals, found one entry, went in, and it is an empty room with two doors that say they can't be opened with magic or weapons.
The book says that after going into the room at the top of the mansion, you should have been greeted by the Asylum Coordinator. By talking to him, you start your show. Are you saying there was nobody in that room when you entered?
Quote:
When I go back out, and try to cross the bridge, duh...there are traps that can't be detected with my thiefs or priest spells that either petrify me or kill me. When I finally give up on getting all my party across the bridge and go back to the village, nothing has changed.
do you still have the stone at this point?
Quote:
No way off the island, no one else to talk to for help, and no way into the asylum. Do I have to start all over from scratch?
Do you have any previous saved games, like the auto save or something, in case we may decide to fall back on>

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-26-2001).]
Old 05-26-2001, 07:47 PM   #14
serra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Correct...there was no one in the room.
Yes...I still have the ward stone.
No...my only save was right before I went to Spell hold the first time with all my stuff. Thought that was a smart place to do it...guess I was wrong!

Got to run an errand...will leave this on-line in case you come up with something...and thanks for any help you can give me. If I have to start all over again, I think I will not and will have wasted LOTS of time on this game.
Old 05-26-2001, 07:50 PM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Please don't get upset!
We can work this out for you!
Promise!
It is really a fun game.
I am sorry that you have had a strange misfortune.

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-26-2001).]
Old 05-26-2001, 08:09 PM   #16
serra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay...back from running across town. Have you come up with anything? I had heard from a friend that someone was supposed to meet you in the asylum, but I swear no one was ever there! I have one other save...but it is really bad. I am in the astral plane, and I see no exits and everytime I try to move across the "pimples", I get transported somewhere else and lose another character...so that doesn't seem to be a good option either.
Old 05-26-2001, 08:16 PM   #17
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Hi, serra...

OK, when you cross the bridge, fight the monsters, the door is on the south side of the building.

Also, you should have an Autosave from when you approached the Asylum...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
Old 05-26-2001, 08:23 PM   #18
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

that is a rough situation
entering the spellhold should have triggered the dude to show up. it did on mine. i have just recently gotten to the spell hold
if you have no other saves this could be really bad.
sounds like a bug of some sort.
do you have the patch installed ?
http://www.bioware.com/bgate2/bg2patch.shtml
thats a link to the latest patch
other than that i dont have much

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-26-2001, 08:24 PM   #19
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

you need really good charisma for the pirate lord to accept that your insane. the ring of human influence and cloak of nymph helps for this part if you dont want to battle a reasonable mage. I have another question here as well. You know the book of infinite spells you get of the mage with the wardstone. I turned 1!! page and it was the last page! And to make it worse the spell was burning hands! That is so unfair. Did this happen to anyone else?

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-26-2001, 08:24 PM   #20
serra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there more than one door you can enter? This one you kind of climb up some wooden steps, two or three levels of steps, and there is a building at the top. This is the only door I have found.