Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-26-2002, 09:40 AM   #1
rodizi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just wondering, poor Torin just stands around outside Erathsmedor's cave trying to shoot him down because he thinks his dad was killed by him, not knowing that all along, his dad died a valiant death trying to escape from the Boogre prison. Is there any way to set him straight? I tried going back to him to free him from his delusion but he refuses to understand that he's wrong and tells me I'm talking nonsense. Is he a lost cause?
rodizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 09:49 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Alas, no!

There have been many players that have wanted to do that exact same thing, really bring a quest to a close, but the game isn't set up to handle it. They may have originally planned to make this possible but since the game was rushed to market and a number of plans were abandoned, we'll never know for certain what the game would have been like if it had been completed as originally planned.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 09:55 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Torin is a classic example of the "passive agreesion syndrome". He spends all his days with a friendly smile and curteous maners only to suddenly erupt in horrible violence, like running around killing harmless dragons or walking salad bowls LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] No there´s no way to change him, unless you feel like putting him out of his miseries [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2002, 10:27 AM   #4
rodizi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just for fun, we did kill off poor Torin to put him out of his misery (and to get his enchanted bow); he wasn't much of a samurai. He got scared after the first blow! Needless to say, it was so pathetic that I reloaded, sparing him his virtual life. How sad (although I don't know what's sadder, his reaction to being struck or the fact that I'm empathetic to an NPC). LOL!
Old 07-26-2002, 10:51 AM   #5
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I considered killing him when he wouldn't take my dragon arrow. Was the enchanted bow worth killing him for. His stupidity has had me annoyed with him a couple of times now & I could possibly be talked into murder if it payed well enough.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
rodizi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, he certainly doesn't put up a fight and he doesn't play a role anywhere else. I say, go for it!
Old 07-26-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Torin's bow is Enchant + 1, Hit + 3. It can not be blessed or enchanted. The only reason I keep it is to make arrows.(BTW..The last Quiver of 50, sold for 102,456,250)

The only reason I have it, is because he was a victim of 'Friendly Fire'.

After finishing Cet, in my first 'Fast Track' game. I decided to take a victory lap around the Gael Serran. When I got to the ramp ledge of Dragon Spire, every beast in the mid-lands was waiting there for me.
So my Valkyrie cast 'Firestorm', 'Icestorm', 'Meteorstorm' and so on. Everything was screaming, the mantraps were passing that nasty gas, and the worgurs were growling in pain.
When everything was dead, I went down to pick through the treasures they had droped. ( in other words I picked through their droppings) As I was rumaging, I spotted something shiney and long, on the ground.
"Hmmm, that looks interesting. I wonder what it is?" ..."It's a Bow, I wonder who......Ooops, sorry Torin." I wasn't going to give up all those points, just because he was fool enough to stand in the middle of a battle field. Besides, how did I know it wasn't those mean old mantraps, that did him in?

Now every time I see him, he says
"Hello again, friends..."
"Have you learned any more, since the last time we talked..."
"Please, tell me..."
and I think to myself...Stay away from mantraps, Torin.....They Will ...hunt...you...down...

[ 07-26-2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 07-26-2002, 09:02 PM   #8
rodizi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And no matter how many times you rudely leave while he's in mid sentence, "Sayonara". Poor guy.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:27 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL Packrat --

The slogan for W&WII should be "They... will... hunt... you... down..."
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote