Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 03:19 AM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Hello, all. It's been a long time since I've been around (or had the time to play). Hope you all are well.

I picked up a copy of IWD2 and have been humming along through the early part of chapter 1. I have just finished the Orc fortress and have yet to come across Dereth's wife. Did I miss something, or does she turn up much later.

I found it curious when I went back to Dereth (after Shaengarne Bridge and the fortress) that he did not ask about or mention his wife... mayhaps he married my cute li'l ex-harpie ...

Would someone clue me in?

Also, at Shaengarne Ford, there was an Orc mage, an archer, a few fighters and a "runner" who sniped at me. I was able to dispatch the annoying buggers with bows but could not find a path to loot the bodies. I hate when that happens.

One last observation. This game seems to provide an awful lot of gold and potions for little or no effort. Considering the fact that I tend to need massive quantities of each, I shouldn't complain. Seems odd, though.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:10 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Thr Druid's wife is on the same map where you find him. She's in the NW section of the map IIRC. Basically follow the path he opens up for you after you rescue him, explore it thoroughly and you should find her, usually I get her like 10 minutes after I find her husband.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:46 PM   #3
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I'm having trouble with the same area. The druid opened the path, but I still can't seem to go any farther. There are some areas of the map that the characters can't get to even though they should be able to.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:45 PM   #4
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Some of the logs blocking the paths can be moved. Hold down your Alt key and they should glow blue. That should help open some of the paths. The druids wife is up a dead end trail. It is easy to pass by without noticing it. It will be in the upper left of your screen as your exploring... If you get to the druids house.. you`ve gone to far... as far as finding her goes... if I remember right.. go up.. and back.... and look for paths leading up.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:08 AM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

When you rescue Dereth, he opens a blocked path to the left of where you came in. Go there and along the path. When it gets out to open snow, watch on the left for a muddy path. Go there and kill the opposition, then walk a bit further on the path towards the end and you should meet the lady. If you don't go far enough, you could miss seeing her.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:29 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HEY IR! Just saying hello, as we haven't seen you here in ages!