Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #1
spydar

k, I enjoy a good PvP, and I fully intend to do so when I'm a higher level, but I hate these people who just cna't seem to get it through their skulls that I just might have other things to do than duel them.

warning, there is some minor swearing, very minor.

I was playing Shynn, my night elf druid, and I think I was about level 12 at the time, and was in the inn of Dolanar doing the usual sell/buy that comes with questing. a bunch of people are in there, and I can see in the little chat screen (which can be insanely annoying depending on what people are complaining about) that so and so has defeated some guy in a duel. whatever, going about my merry way. then this chick, some human mage about my level (can't remember the name) challenges me to a duel, I decline. then she does it again, again I decline. then she says to me "what're ya, a wuss?" and does it again, again I decline and reply "feck off, I'm busy" (feck, not the one with the 'u' I actually said feck). then she does it again, and again I decline and tell her "I got shit to do". then she does it AGAIN and whispers to me, "ya, you like like shit too". she proceeds to "dance with me" and whispering "you like like shit!" and challenges me AGAIN! I once more decline, reply to her "what're you 12?" and leave.

yes I was hostile, but stupid people annoy me. some people just can't take no for an answer. the thing is this has happened to me a few times, albeit not that badly. people offer, whatever I decline cause I'm usually busy me! I just don't get it, but really wish it would stop.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yea I know, I was going to Sunken Temple in Swamp of Sorrows, theres a horde camp there. I stopped outside of ot to check map, and of course all the little horde kiddies started popping the duel screen. And its not as if any one of them could beat me, they were just trying to be annoying. I just went on my way
Old 02-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #3
Lucern
Quintesson

I'm in the RP server, and whenever a group of us meet up with a group of the other (I've got horde and alliance), it never fails that some character between 6-10 levels above me will challenge me to a duel.

Unless it's 2-3 levels, I'm pretty sure I won't win no matter what, and I rarely have a desire to boost a paladin's self esteem.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

In other mmorpg or online rpgs. I always demand a payment when someone challenge me to a duel. I say " Pay me first to duel you stupid! " Nobody really bothered me. Maybe you all should try that.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #5
Lucern
Quintesson

hehe, I like that idea, but the interesting thing about that Kakero is that Alliance races and Horde races do not speak the same language, and it's usually people from the other side challenging me.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Starting from the next patch, it will be inpossible to challenge the other faction in a duel.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
spydar

The thing was we were both Alliance, a bunch of them were all dueling each other in the middle of town. I just can't stand stupid annoying people who don't know when to stop. though "she" stopped pretty quick after I asked if "she" was 12, guess either the person was 12, or they got the hint they were being immature.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I personally think dueling is stupid. so is PvP imo. I'm there to ROLEPLAY and go on quests and kill baddies, not fighting "|<00|_" kiddies. sooooo typical.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:43 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Some people find it more fun to duel human opponent than AI control opponent. Human can conjur strategy and tactic and can be very unpredictable.You might win this round from using this particular tactic but that tactic will be useless in the next round as your opponent has wisen up. AI control opponent on the other hand is very preditable. Once you learn it's moves you can combat it the same way again and again.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #10
Niadh
Elminster

I enjoy dueling, I managed to beat a rogue who was 3 levels above my rogue. ^_^

The whole thing with horde and alliance fighting is more justified on RP servers anyway, don't know why they took off the non-faction dueling. It was sorta fun to stand in Ratchet and get duels.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote